Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: gf is super mad at me

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by skriti659
    She is scared because of her past experience. You should not give her bad experience again. Well I drink once a week and occassionally but it doesn't mean I am alcoholic. She'd bad image of people who drink. That's fine. Give her sometime and she'll understand it isn't that people who drink are bad; people go to religious place aren't always good people.

Meet her as soon as possoble. Mostly girls start thinking worst even if there's nothing. So before it get worst, you should talk to her and show how much you respect her. Love and truth need each other. Tell her even if you drink frequently. Don't hide anything from her. It's better to say bitter truth than stay in a fantasy world full of lies.
    Yes she does sound scared because of her past experience but she should not be taking it out on him. It sounds like she wants someone who does not drink at all and I guess that's up to her. She can go looking for a different guy that never drinks. I think she needs to make a distinction between a real alcoholic and just someone who drinks occasionally.

I don't think he needs to fully never drink ever again because she doesn't like it, it's her issue.

You're not compatible. She has her issues with alcoholics and wants to date nondrinkers and you like to drink. Game over. Sounds like you "mentioned" this so she would pull the plug.
    Originally Posted by mooseisloose
    When we had our first date, she asked if i was much of a drinker, I responded something to the effect of 'on occasion'
    Earlier today we were talking and i mentioned that i had already finished a bottle I'd gotten four days ago.

Youre NOT an Alcoholic, my Dad was an Alcoholic, my Grandpa was an Alcoholic. Dude, i used to wake up at 7:00 to a four loko (i had just turned 21 and was on probation for weed) and go about my day productive and all, drinking at work, getting off drinking some more to finally pass out on a park bench around 7 or 8 pm, it took you 4 days to finish a Bottle, FOUR DAYS. You are NOT an Alcoholic. Don't let this girl convince you that you have a problem shes being really dramatic. If youre really into this girl the best you can do apologize (although i think you did nothing wrong) and do whatever it takes to convince her youre NOT her Father OR her Exes and that you CAN have an occasional drink now & then & not lose control

Platinum Member
    What kind of alcohol was in the bottle you drank in 4 days? And how large was the bottle?

And is drinking a bottle in 4 days a regular practice for you?

She seems to have too much undealt baggage to be in a healthy relationship.

You are you. She is who she is. Give up alcohol if that is what is right for you. I suggest you reconsider your habits if you use alcohol for relaxation, mood alteration, or escape - basically, anything other than a flavor experience. Or, if you pursue any athletic endeavors, as it is full of sugar and is working against your goals.

With respect to her ? Her rush to label you is a bit distressing, and so I wonder about her ability to be a healthy partner.

That said, if you like her, are interested in replacing alcoholic drinks with lemon water, bubbly water, etc., then Yes, proceed as planned.

The only way to be with her is to never drink again. Your choice.

Platinum Member
    You were an alcoholic in the past.

Nope.
    You ARE an alcoholic who experiences periods of sobriety.
    Maybe this is the wake up call you need. Finishing a bottle by yourself in a couple of days?

You misrepresented yourself actually - an occasional drinker has a glass of champagne at a wedding, on occasional beer at a BBQ. They don't drink alone and finish the bottle alone.
    I get that people say she has baggage - but on the other side of this -- its like looking for a non smoker and the person said "i did try a cigarette once" and in reality it means "i smoke, just not a whole pack a day" and then deciding the person who wants to date a nonsmoker being nuts. false advertising.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    The only way to be with her is to never drink again. Your choice.
    I do not think she is asking for that. She said "occasonal drinker" -- that means like i said above, having a drink once in awhile. It doesn't mean finishing the bottle

Thanks for all the responses, wow didn't expect so many, but just to clarify she does drink too, although I guess not at the rate that I do. Again, not proud if it, but it's never gotten me into any trouble, I hold a job take care of myself and family and finances no problems. That being said I do think this is the wake up call to find something more constructive to do with my time. Maybe I'll just text and test the waters, chances are it's headed for a break up anyways , might as well try to end on good terms.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice