My ex texted me frustrated after weeks of not talking to each other

I have not talked to my ex in about 3 weeks and have been doing a lot better since the break up in January. She texted me yesterday morning all upset that her keyboard stand is broken that my roommate accidentally broke in early December by losing a piece. So she has known it’s been broke. And I even offered to get a her a new one when he did that. I said sorry about that and offered to fix it or help her find a new one and if she’s fine with that great otherwise to have a great day/life. Did she just do this to have an excuse to text me? It was so random, thank you

This is called "breadcrumbing". She sends you a meaningless message, you respond and feed her ego, she goes into "oh yes, I still got him on the leash" mode and then ghosts you again.

There is cure for that though and it's called blocking. Go on your facebook and block her, go on your instagram and block her, do the same in viber, and go into your phonebook and block her number there. This will most likely lead to you moving on faster and on the other hand her missing you more. If she reaaaalllyyyy wants you back, she will find a way to contact you.

I used to contact my ex when I felt lonely, or wanted attention or even when I was out somewhere waiting for a friend and wanted to look busy.

Nope, I didn't "miss" him or want him back.

Nice or not, it brings home an important point. People put way too much stake in random texts from exes, especially when they are looking for excuses to hang on to a dead relationship. Texts are lazy and low risk communication, and they often mean nothing at all.

That was nice of you bolt.

Um, he cheated on me and dumped me via email for a woman 16 years younger than me who was engaged to and living with his nephew. So, I didn't feel all that bad. He also contacted me for an ego boost every time they fought, so turnabout was fair play imo.

And I certainly didn't want him back. And he didn't want me back either.

Fortunately he's completely out of my life now.

If he wants a chance to rekindle things the only thing to do is to tell her if she wants to talk and see if it can work she should contact him but not for any other reason. Then he should move on with his life.

He needs to move on. It was a terrible relationship and they were not compatible.

Yes, it's part of the friendzoning via breadcrumbs method. It doesn't mean she wants you back. It means you are now an official male-girlfriend. Maybe it's time to set your sights on new women who you want to date. Then the nature of this type of nonsense will become clear.

Did she just do this to have an excuse to text me? It was so random, thank you

Archived