LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My ex texted me frustrated after weeks of not talking to each other

My ex texted me frustrated after weeks of not talking to each other

I have not talked to my ex in about 3 weeks and have been doing a lot better since the break up in January. She texted me yesterday morning all upset that her keyboard stand is broken that my roommate accidentally broke in early December by losing a piece. So she has known its been broke. And I even offered to get a her a new one when he did that. I said sorry about that and offered to fix it or help her find a new one and if shes fine with that great otherwise to have a great day/life. Did she just do this to have an excuse to text me? It was so random, thank you

Platinum Member
    When are you going to block this woman? Ray, why do you do this to yourself? Get off the hamster wheel!

As long as you're a willing participant, she has the upper hand, therefore you're allowing it and she's running with it. These are not the actions of someone who wants to get back together.

Platinum Member
    This is called "breadcrumbing". She sends you a meaningless message, you respond and feed her ego, she goes into "oh yes, I still got him on the leash" mode and then ghosts you again.

There is cure for that though and it's called blocking. Go on your facebook and block her, go on your instagram and block her, do the same in viber, and go into your phonebook and block her number there. This will most likely lead to you moving on faster and on the other hand her missing you more. If she reaaaalllyyyy wants you back, she will find a way to contact you.

Platinum Member
    I used to contact my ex when I felt lonely, or wanted attention or even when I was out somewhere waiting for a friend and wanted to look busy.

Nope, I didn't "miss" him or want him back.

Silver Member
    That was nice of you bolt.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    I used to contact my ex when I felt lonely, or wanted attention or even when I was out somewhere waiting for a friend and wanted to look busy.

Nope, I didn't "miss" him or want him back.
    Nice or not, it brings home an important point. People put way too much stake in random texts from exes, especially when they are looking for excuses to hang on to a dead relationship. Texts are lazy and low risk communication, and they often mean nothing at all.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Tomthumb88
    That was nice of you bolt.
    Um, he cheated on me and dumped me via email for a woman 16 years younger than me who was engaged to and living with his nephew. So, I didn't feel all that bad. He also contacted me for an ego boost every time they fought, so turnabout was fair play imo.

And I certainly didn't want him back. And he didn't want me back either.

Fortunately he's completely out of my life now.

Silver Member
    If he wants a chance to rekindle things the only thing to do is to tell her if she wants to talk and see if it can work she should contact him but not for any other reason. Then he should move on with his life.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Tomthumb88
    If he wants a chance to rekindle things the only thing to do is to tell her if she wants to talk and see if it can work she should contact him but not for any other reason. Then he should move on with his life.
    He needs to move on. It was a terrible relationship and they were not compatible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice