Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Unhealthy pattern - help?

Thanks, Hollyj! Looking to change football team and my job soon so that will hopefully allow me to meet more people...

Originally Posted by catfeeder
    In your case, recognizing that anyone who is willing to deceive someone else will also deceive YOU, eventually. So forget red flags--that'a blazing neon sign with a skull and crossbones on it that says 'Get away.'
    Really appreciate the advice, and this part in particular I will hold onto!

I do consider myself to be quite reflective and have no problem with being self-critical, but just had to get the facts out there in order for others to see why I might behave the way I do. I consider myself to be an open book but have always had a fear of rejection, and now looking into fear of intimacy for the same reasons. I think there's something safe about knowing deep down these relationships will never come to light, I never have to fully give myself because they're taken, and it's comfortable enough just being the close friend even when I fancy them. Lots more introspection to be done!

Just keep in mind that "fear of rejection" and "fear of intimacy" are categories, not excuses.

Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Just keep in mind that "fear of rejection" and "fear of intimacy" are categories, not excuses.
    Noted, just trying to figure myself out :)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice