LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Completely lost....please help

Gold Member
    Edit (out of time) to above post - I said "move out to an apartment with a roomate or whatever ASAP - as in next weekend"

On reflection, if its possible, ask your boss if you can have a morning or afternoon off to do it while the ex and Goldilocks are not there.

If there is something you want to take that might cause a dispute, leave it there, it is not worth the hassle.

Thank you everyone so much for your responses and advice. You don't know how much it means to me. To clear a few things up, we did not live with my ex's parents for cultural reasons. I had been trying for years to move out but he was unwilling to go, always blaming me or money for the reason he wouldn't leave there. His parents did enable it also. As for the moving situation, my last day of work is Friday and I am leaving this weekend to head to my mom's house before leaving to Florida to stay with other family and go to school and work. I have that taken care of but I am still dealing with a lot of guilt over my part in the breakup as my ex insists that because I wouldn't change (he gave me a list of everything he wanted me to change a few months ago/an ultimatum) he was forced to move on. He also continues to invite me to the movies and to hang out with him and his girlfriend before I leave and I feel like maybe I'm overreacting by being completely hurt by this? Again any help is welcome. I am kept up at night by the what ifs and thinking how all of this is my fault and that he's acting like this because of me.

Originally Posted by Geminifeed
    . I am still dealing with a lot of guilt over my part in the breakup as my ex insists that because I wouldn't change (he gave me a list of everything he wanted me to change a few months ago/an ultimatum) he was forced to move on. He also continues to invite me to the movies and to hang out with him and his girlfriend before I leave and I feel like maybe I'm overreacting by being completely hurt by this? Again any help is welcome. I am kept up at night by the what ifs and thinking how all of this is my fault and that he's acting like this because of me.
    My goodness. This sounds like my worst nightmares, literally! Go, go, go! Donít think, donít feel guilty. Donít let yourself feel anything but anger towards this dump of a man!

Call a friend or co-worker or anything and live there until you can go, even if itís just for a few days. Then ignore him. Just think self preservation first right now, everything else can be thought through later. You donít have to deal with the ďnever againĒ-emotions right now. Just survive!

Even if he ďgave you an ultimatum listĒ (which seems crazy btw), he is acting like an ass with this new girl. This is not normal behavior, not from him OR her!

When youíre out of this situation, then you can get to the other stuff. Itís hard, but youíll survive!

When my ex broke it off with me I was out of there that day. Lived with friends and family until I was able to get another place to live, then rallied everyone to help me move. Took approximately 3weeks all in all. Then everything sucked for quite a while, still does, but itís different kinds of waves with different kind of emotions.

And - big hug from me!

ďYouíre enough, youíre enough, you are enough!Ē -Kodaline

Sorry to hear this is happening. You need to make other arrangements and move out asap and tell him, his folks and his new gf to shove it.
    Originally Posted by Geminifeed
    I am leaving this weekend to head to my mom's house
    he gave me a list of everything he wanted me to change a few months ago/an ultimatum
    He also continues to invite me to the movies and to hang out with him and his girlfriend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice