Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing With Demons

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by Gary Snyder
    Oh I'm so sorry but it sounds like she has fallen out of love with you..........and unlike the movies, it does not come back. You get one chance per person.

But it's okay you will find another someday.
    Fallen out of love with him? One chance per person?
    She was pretty clearly cheating on him the whole time. If not she always had one foot out the door and was open to better options which is almost as bad. Hence worrying about ďsettlingĒ. His real error was thinking this person ďlovedĒ him in the first place.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Tomthumb88
    So a guy posts about his marriage disintegrating and mentions attempting to end his own life and some you decide to beat him down and make sure all the blame is on him. Great advice and very helpful at the moment Iím sure.
    Yeah, that's how I kind of felt about it too.

Wife didnít want to marry, secretive with the phone, cheated on him at least once,kept him on the back burner while she tested new guys.. and you blame him.
    Stop interacting with her as much as possible, conversations only about the child and logistics. donít spend time with her at all, itís not helping the child and itís just feeding your ex as you remain a plan B. Pick up a book called ďthe rational maleĒ and youíll start understanding the truth behind the smokescreen. Itís a hard pill to swallow but itís worth it.
    I don't believe she never wanted to marry me. She at the very least thought she did. She used to treat me very well, and things were great then.

Gold Member
    Fallen out of love with him? One chance per person?
    She was pretty clearly cheating on him the whole time. If not she always had one foot out the door and was open to better options which is almost as bad. Hence worrying about ďsettlingĒ. His real error was thinking this person ďlovedĒ him in the first place.
    This may very well be believable with where I stand now. One foot always out the door.

The problem is, why do I still want someone like this so badly?

Silver Member
    Send me a pm...

Gold Member
    Send me a pm...
    I am unable to send a message. "My account has insufficient priveleges."

It may have to do with the fact that I had to create a second account to even post. I got a generic message warning about this, but my first account was never activated and I never got an activation email.

This account is activated, but can not pm.

7. 03-12-2019, 12:33 PM

Gold Member
    <>

Just sent.
    Last edited by Capricorn3; 03-12-2019 at 02:46 PM.

I hope you get the support you need nickel.

While I agree with thumb about many points he made, I donít think villainizing your ex will help you with healing.

Iím sorry all this happened, I can be pretty sarcastic too, so I get not always recognizing if itís hurtful to others or not, I have other reasons for that too. Iíve gone over the reasons before on the board donít reallh want to get into them
    Now, but I get it.

One day at a time, allow yourself to be hurt, try to get a bit of distance. No more facetiming each other. No more play dates, she gets to have you there as a safety net while she sees what else is out there. No sir! You are better than that.

Cut her off. Be there for your daughter and thatís it, No need to torture yourself

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by figureitout23
    I hope you get the support you need nickel.

While I agree with thumb about many points he made, I donít think villainizing your ex will help you with healing.

Iím sorry all this happened, I can be pretty sarcastic too, so I get not always recognizing if itís hurtful to others or not, I have other reasons for that too. Iíve gone over the reasons before on the board donít reallh want to get into them
    Now, but I get it.

One day at a time, allow yourself to be hurt, try to get a bit of distance. No more facetiming each other. No more play dates, she gets to have you there as a safety net while she sees what else is out there. No sir! You are better than that.

Cut her off. Be there for your daughter and thatís it, No need to torture yourself
    I'm trying to get my distance. Her being out of town has helped. We facetime our child, not so much each other. I'm going to avoid the play dates and see if that helps too.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I think the play dates just confuse your child and makes them think you will get back together.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I think the play dates just confuse your child and makes them think you will get back together.
    She's about to be 3. I'm not so sure she has any concept of the idea we are even apart.

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice