Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing With Demons

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Nickel Speed
    Being stubborn got me my new job, a Master's degree and BS in 4 years combined, and countless other things through my life. It is certainly an asset.

I know she isn't my responsibility, but leaving my child unfed and awake at midnight because her mother is too busy studying?

Thanks.
    That is not stubborn. That is ambition and perseverance.

Platinum Member
    Being stubborn got me my new job, a Master's degree and BS in 4 years combined, and countless other things through my life. It is certainly an asset.

I know she isn't my responsibility, but leaving my child unfed and awake at midnight because her mother is too busy studying?

Thanks.
    I agree, You did what was best for your child. Perhaps, she can stay with you on those days.

Platinum Member
    If I continue this route on my own, you guarantee I will fail?
    I give up! What advice were you seeking? You seem to know everything.

What are your ages?

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I give up! What advice were you seeking? You seem to know everything.

What are your ages?
    See the original post. I'm 29. She is 25.

I don't know everything. Only a fool believes they know everything. I do know I don't wish to go to therapy.

I'm here for suggestions. It would be beneficial if I can figure out how to work through this on my own. I know myself and I know this is the only route I would be willing to take. If I told you right now I was going to go to therapy, I'd make a phone call, set up the appointment, and then I would never show up. I can't force myself to take that route.

My bills have already doubled, and divorce isn't cheap. I also have some medical bills for an upcoming surgery that also won't be cheap (Broke a bone in my foot). There is simply too much going on already.

Platinum Member
    Don't know what else to suggest, other than posting here.

I wish you well during this difficult time.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Don't know what else to suggest, other than posting here.

I wish you well during this difficult time.
    Thank you Holly.
    Last edited by Nickel Speed; 03-11-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Agree. See a doctor for a complete checkup. Review all your symptoms. Medical intervention and supportive psychotherapy will help you feel better, strengthen yourself and be the best father you can be as well as navigate this and focus on good co-parenting.

Agree focusing on any mistakes or the marriage failure is pointless, it's over. All you can do is be cognizant of how to build a self improvement plan for the future.

Deriding anyone is bullying, not love. Don't do it to your daughter.
    guys like to pick at the ones they love.

I may need therapy for my deep depression and suicidal thoughts.

Oh I'm so sorry but it sounds like she has fallen out of love with you..........and unlike the movies, it does not come back. You get one chance per person.

But it's okay you will find another someday.

Silver Member
    So a guy posts about his marriage disintegrating and mentions attempting to end his own life and some you decide to beat him down and make sure all the blame is on him. Great advice and very helpful at the moment Iím sure.

Silver Member

Dancing With Demons

Wife didnít want to marry, secretive with the phone, cheated on him at least once,kept him on the back burner while she tested new guys.. and you blame him.
    Stop interacting with her as much as possible, conversations only about the child and logistics. donít spend time with her at all, itís not helping the child and itís just feeding your ex as you remain a plan B. Pick up a book called ďthe rational maleĒ and youíll start understanding the truth behind the smokescreen. Itís a hard pill to swallow but itís worth it.

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice