Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing With Demons

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Nickel Speed
    I want to, but I want to hear from her.
    But is that good for you? You get caught in the merry go round and get continuously crushed.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    But is that good for you? You get caught in the merry go round and get continuously crushed.
    It probably isn't, but I feel crushed anyway.

Gold Member
    Sooo many things I could and probably should be doing this weekend.

Thought about running away for the weekend. Riding my motorcycle to the ocean tonight, staying Saturday, and coming back Sunday. But then I think I would just be depressed the whole time.

Then I think I would just like to stay in front of the tv and play games all weekend to escape. This is what I've been doing and it helps me forget everything, but before I know it I am back to reality Sunday night and still suffering.

I've got a couple projects in the garage that aren't a necessity, but need done. I just have no motivation to be miserable and greasy.

I've tried scheduling a night out with friends for beers and wings on Saturday, but everyone is busy.

How do you cope?

So far, wallowing in your video games and ignoring chores and keeping yourself available to answer her texts isn't making anything any better.

So why not try something different? Why have you already decided the motorcycle trip would result in feeling "depressed"?

See my signature line.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    So far, wallowing in your video games and ignoring chores and keeping yourself available to answer her texts isn't making anything any better.

So why not try something different? Why have you already decided the motorcycle trip would result in feeling "depressed"?

See my signature line.
    I have been keeping up with chores, cooking, cleaning, etc. I still need to box up a lot of her stuff and take it to her apartment, including a couple more furniture items.

The stuff I have to do in the garage is just some stuff on my show car and maybe getting the mower ready for the spring.

It would be a long lonely ride. Then I would end up at the beach all by myself with nothing to do.

Only to return home Sunday and still be tired, lonely, and probably extremely sore. The last time I did such a trip surely wasn't relaxing. It was an idea to try to escape, but I'm afraid I would just be trapped with my own thoughts and no distraction.

Gold Member
    Gaming does alloy me to forget everything for a while, plus I get to vent with my ex military friends who are usually on.

Originally Posted by Nickel Speed
    I have been keeping up with chores, cooking, cleaning, etc. I still need to box up a lot of her stuff and take it to her apartment, including a couple more furniture items.

The stuff I have to do in the garage is just some stuff on my show car and maybe getting the mower ready for the spring.

It would be a long lonely ride. Then I would end up at the beach all by myself with nothing to do.

Only to return home Sunday and still be tired, lonely, and probably extremely sore. The last time I did such a trip surely wasn't relaxing. It was an idea to try to escape, but I'm afraid I would just be trapped with my own thoughts and no distraction.
    It sounds like you are determined to wallow.

Just realize that deciding ahead of time you're going to be depressed and "trapped" means you will be...depressed and trapped.

I personally hate feeling that way and would be doing SOMETHING different. But maybe you just want things to stay the way they are.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    It sounds like you are determined to wallow.

Just realize that deciding ahead of time you're going to be depressed and "trapped" means you will be...depressed and trapped.

I personally hate feeling that way and would be doing SOMETHING different. But maybe you just want things to stay the way they are.
    I'm just thinking back to my last trip. I was riding out to Vegas on a 2 week trip. Absolutely everything went wrong. Bike broke down catastrophically in 110 degrees somewhere in Arizona fields. I was miserable. Ended up returning home where I was thankful to be with my wife. Now? I don't know what enjoyment I would get out of the trip.

I just want to do something to feel better, but I don't know where to start. I could just go get beer and wings by myself. After a few beers I could try talking to people and socializing at the pool tables or something. I don't know.

A lot of shoulds. I should do this, I should do that, can make you feel defeated and worse about yourself. How about try giving yourself credit for all you are doing?
    And though it may seem cheesy at first, making a conscious effort to list what you are grateful for I find helps me a lot to pull myself out of negative momentum a.

When I'm really having a bad day, I go play with and pet animals. I swim. These things are always safe happy activities for me. What does it for you?

Having somewhere to go on a regular basis where there's community helps me too. Some people it's church, for me I'll drop in to the community center and jump into a program there or helping others. Sport works too.
    Just throwing out tips I've learned in hard times. Try to be gentle on yourself.

Gold Member
    Haven't had much desire for activities.

It'd be nice to socialize. I'm not religious. My friends are busy. The local community center is the hangout for the 60+ crowd of farmers.

I have friends, but I've always been a bit of a loner, at least until I met my wife. Now I still can't imagine a life without her.

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice