Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I meet this girl or not ?

Thank you SherrySheer and Wiseman for the advice. I already feel 100 times better and more confident than I did this time yesterday !

Silver Member
    I'm with the others...these last minute, "wanna hang" invitations are either "booty call" or "friendzone" in nature...and I have to say for the guy, highly suspicious of booty call, and for a girl, highly suspicious of friendzoning, and if you keep dragging your feet, she could meet someone else. It's fine to do the group thing at first as sort of an ice-breaker, but you've got to bite the bullet and get her out alone...and ask in advance. It can be simple, coffee, ice cream, a drink (limit your intake); and if it goes well, extend the evening. Grab a movie. Get something to eat. Goofy golf. Plan another date that extends a little longer.

You know from your friend there seems to be an attraction, so next time you catch her after work, or call her...ask her out for real...alone.

FYI, if you ever get together and then breakup with this girl, that one day a week when you see her at work is going to feel like the Devil.

But if you must, as Wiseman said, ask her out on a real date, a day or two in advance. Stop with the group dates, they are bad news - we relate differently in a group.

So know am working Thursday now. In two minds to either to message her telling her I was really gutted that I couldnít go Thursday night as Iíve was looking forward to seeing her, would she like to go out sometime next week ? Or to just tell her I couldnít go and wait till Friday and ask her face to face if she wanted to go out next week.

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by tezza1992
    So know am working Thursday now. In two minds to either to message her telling her I was really gutted that I couldnít go Thursday night as Iíve was looking forward to seeing her, would she like to go out sometime next week ? Or to just tell her I couldnít go and wait till Friday and ask her face to face if she wanted to go out next week.
    TELL HER! No, do not wait until you're at some party a week from now to ask in some passive, casual manner, "wanna hang?" No. You tell her that you really wish you could go out Thursday, but your work schedule changed and you have to work Thursdays now. Can she meet Friday or Saturday? Can she meet Sunday? We can even do brunch and then go feed the ducks (which is probably not allowed). Don't wait for a week and toss out a "hey, wanna hang" passive-vibe and beer-goggle sort of courtship. Charm her. Be interested. Don't keep her wondering and fretting.

Well I was going to ask her in work but due to a colleague hovering around us whilst we where chatting I didnít do it. But later that evening I messaged her asking her to go out sometime next week together, Iíll be honest as soon as I did my head was like itís a NO. I had to turn me phone off as I was In work plus had like 20% left. As soon as I finished I saw her reply, Yes she said yes 😁😁😁

I think you are going out in the wrong settings and at the wrong times. You need to contact her and say hey lets go out to dinner together and make it clear that it is just the two of you. Is it that your work hours are just really crazy and you both work really late hours and can only get together late? I don't quite understand that part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice