LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Spouse gets angry whenever I try to talk about major problem

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I think that that is the problem, plus they treat her terribly. She is paying for his neglect in many ways.

OP, I still do not understand why he disappeared from his kids lives for all those years?

I cannot fathom why your daughter paid for his support. Ugh.
    The daughter paying for his child support was the most shocking part to me int he midst of all this mess. Actually, the fact that not only she payed for his child support but also that he let her do so. Which adding to the fact that he was absent from his children's lives in the past and doesn't seem to have fought much for his right to see them, seems like a huge red flag to me. I suppose he maybe regrets having neglected his children (maybe with a wake up call from his near death experience) and is trying to make up for it.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Annia
    The daughter paying for his child support was the most shocking part to me int he midst of all this mess. Actually, the fact that not only she payed for his child support but also that he let her do so. Which adding to the fact that he was absent from his children's lives in the past and doesn't seem to have fought much for his right to see them, seems like a huge red flag to me. I suppose he maybe regrets having neglected his children (maybe with a wake up call from his near death experience) and is trying to make up for it.
    Yup, this is his guilt for neglect. The fact that her daughter working paid his support is shocking . And that the daughter made a down payment on their house and STILL helps to pay their bills is nuts. That is not all THIS guy.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Yup, this is his guilt for neglect. The fact that her daughter working paid his support is shocking . And that the daughter made a down payment on their house and STILL helps to pay their bills is nuts. That is not all THIS guy.
    Agree. This whole family dynamic (OP and daughter included) doesn't seem healthy.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Yes.
    .....:::
    Originally Posted by Annia
    Agree. This whole family dynamic (OP and daughter included) doesn't seem healthy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice