Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spouse gets angry whenever I try to talk about major problem

I thought I replied to this question, but I donít see it. I apologize if it shows up later. It is a restaurant my friends patronize. We are independent contractors and I own and provide a lot of equipment for them. It has been my go to place since way before we met.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    If you work 100 hours a week how do you have time to ď hang outĒ. His work lets you ď hang out?Ē

Does your husband resent your daughter?

We are independent contractors and I own much of the equipment there. I work sometimes 40 hour straight shifts so do have complete days off at times. He sort of does now, but she paid his child support for a while when he wasnít able to and she paid the down payment on my house where he lives. She also splits the bills with us. I suggested he move out and do the same with them, but he wonít leave.

By hang out I mean checking on equipment and eating a quick meal with friends.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    If you resent him and his kids that much it is time to get a lawyer.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Georgia Girl
    None of them have completed a Bachelorís degree yet. My mother is disabled and likes to spend a lot of time at the local library. She is friends with the staff and volunteers her time there. Their mother got a job there and I didnít know it until she had shared a lot of information. My mother didnít know and doesnít go there now. My husband doesnít have a great job and most of the money comes from the 100 hours a week I work and some I inherited from my father. Their mother got donations at the library making them think she had small kids. She later said they couldnít work because they didnít have a car. They live in town. I didnít own a car until I was 30 and managed to work 3 jobs and take care of a child on my own so they didnít get a lot of sympathy. My daughter has worked megahours since middle school. I owned a business at the time and she worked for me. She later gots job elsewhere. She paid the down payment on our home as well as other expenses. I realize now to them it appears she lives in a nice house and has a car, but she worked hard for it. She also had a Bachelors and Masters degree within 6 years. She also contributed money to help pay their child support. She is 26.
    What the hell have they been doing? Never had a job and still have not received a Bachelor's- That takes 4 years.

Good God! You work 100 hours a week? How many hours does he work? What does he do?

I do not understand why he was not in their lives for so many years? It does not say much for him.

Contact a lawyer. The house is yours, you should not leave.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 03-11-2019 at 02:15 PM.

I'm not taking any of this at face value. Sorry. Surely you've got friends to gossip with.

Bronze Member
    His kids could be the worst people on the face of the planet. It doesn't matter. He is their father. If he wants to have a relationship with them, that is not your call. How or why does not matter.

If that is a problem, pack your bag.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Nickel Speed
    His kids could be the worst people on the face of the planet. It doesn't matter. He is their father. If he wants to have a relationship with them, that is not your call. How or why does not matter.

If that is a problem, pack your bag.
    It's her house. She wants him out, but he won't leave.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I do not understand why he was not in their lives for so many years? It does not say much for him.

Contact a lawyer. The house is yours, you should not leave.
    Agree. No matter what their mother said or did... the fact that he chose to leave and not be part of their lives for that long is concerning. It's no wonder the kids are resentful and angry at him to be honest... can you imagine what that would feel like as a child knowing your dad was out there somewhere with a new family and didn't want anything to do with you?

At any rate, it seems from your other posts that you don't want any part of these kids in your life so contacting a lawyer to see what your options are is the only real solution here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice