Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Healing....I think we are getting there!

Healing....I think we are getting there!

Hi guys!

Felt a new thread was needed, no need dwelling on the past.
    I had the first counselling session last Monday, and it was really good (better than I thought it would be!) I think it's altered my perspective on the relationship. It's certainly let me see how I've latched on to this relationship, for all the wrong reasons. Delved into my insecurities during that time, also my fear of seeing her again.

Anyhow, second session is tomorrow morning (nice and early, 8.30am). Think we are talking more about my Mother tomorrow (that too is a long story).

I've had a really good week, I think I'm moving on at last.

Awesome so glad to hear!

Good to hear! Sometimes therapy can help undo the knots and you can finally process your feelings and heal. It's good to hear that you're taking care of yourself and getting help with your healing.

Hope it keeps getting better.

Great to hear DB* - You may still have rough days ahead but you're doing the right things and going in the right direction*

Carus*

Gold Member
    Very pleased to hear this buddy.. keep it going! :)

Gold Member
    Glad to hear this DB. Keep up the good work.

Thanks guys! Really appreciated!
    Second session went well. We touched on a few things, not as much on the ex. I think it's making me understand how to cope in such situations. We also touched on how I might be mildly autistic. This would explain how I can be obsessive about certain aspects of my life. I never had thought myself as autistic as I was very much self aware of my issues.

I dreamt about the ex briefly last night... wasn't great but compared to how it would really knock me feeling sick for the day, today I feel relatively ok.

Gold Member
    Let me tell you a (not much of a) secret, DB - most top end blokes are "mildly autistic".

Because autistic blokes are totally blokey blokes.

Sportsmen with a lot of testosterone and adrenalin? They hunted for the tribe and brought home the protein kill.

Brainiacs who made strides in learning? Check out your locally university faculty, and find the original thinkers.

Personally, I will admit to a little degree of Asperger's, which is a branch on the autism tree.

Makes you a more rational, intelligent human being, a F****** astronaut in the scheme of things.

Do not expect the ladies to get this, not generally.

The ladies think more emotionally than us. It is just how it is.

Sometimes you find one who does. That's the one that sticks with you.

Kia kaha.

Ready for my third session tomorrow.
    Not felt quite as upbeat, some thoughts have lingered but I've not let them get me down.....so overall we are doing ok!

Oh, and in other news.... I'm almost 3 stone (42 pounds) less than I was last April!

Hey guys!

Well, this is me signing off! Thanks for the support over the last 12 months!
    I've finished my counselling sessions, and the have done me so much good. I feel in many ways like a new person, the shadow of the past is finally lifting. I'm the slimmest I've been in over 10 years...and the weight is continuing to come off!

I've no desire to date right now, I just don't want to. I'm enjoying single life and doing my own thing. My next challenge is this summer to drive through her home town on a day out to the the Lake District (one of the UK national parks).

Dare I say it, I feel rather happy right now!

I probably wont be checking in that much now. I find reading some of the stories will only encourage me to perhaps linger on the past, however once I start dating again....I'm sure I'll be back for advice!

Thanks again guys, you've really helped through one of the most difficult periods of my life! Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice