Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I received a message from another woman about my husband.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    She got an invitation from an older man to be alone with her over the weekend.

I'm not sure how you get to that conclusion. Logic, I think dictates you discard it - if he did, and she said yes, he wouldn't have blocked her.

Also, the OP doesn't mention him lining up a convenient weekend away with golfing buddies or some such cover story.

How did I come to that conclusion? He already has been talking with this young girl long enough to be adding her to his facebook and to be listening to her personal life and/or problems.

Why is he doing that? When he is doing that if this is someone from work?

He blocked her because he invited her and she clearly did not reply when he wanted, so he got angry and blocked. No doubt he felt rejected or impatient.

Platinum Member
    He blocked her because he invited her and she clearly did not reply when he wanted
    I don't believe young girl's version of why she was blocked, because her description of what was allegedly planned is all a bit vague and imprecise:

Her: We were suppose to hangout this weekend ...
    Her: Yeah, we were gunna get out of town for a few days

Question for the OP-

Did your husband at any point have plans to go away for either a weekend*, or a few days, without you?

*This would be the weekend just gone by. Fishing or golf or something.

He was maybe going to go skiing but decided not to. He legitimately had his ski gear ready though, and he has decided to opt out of skiing at the last minute several times before due to laziness or just not feeling it. I guess anything is possible though. I hope not!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I think it is more likely the young lady felt rejected and went loco and contacted you to stir the pot.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I think it is more likely the young lady felt rejected and went loco and contacted you to stir the pot.
    That's what I'm hoping. I don't know why my husband would completely block her (or anyone) just because she left her phone somewhere. Perhaps that's why she thinks he blocked her but actually blocked her before that because she was getting weird??

Well, like I said...all you need to do is ask yourself why he was spending enough time alone with this girl that he knew about her personal problems and she felt that he understood her, etc.
    What kind of married man does that with a 23 year old?

I still say, ask her for proof. If they were chatting on Facebook through private messaging, it will be hard to dispute once you see it for yourself.

OP Your husband demonstrated good boundaries. Her sudden attentiveness to his fb page is a reflection of her, not him, and is consistemt with her moving back into town. He saw that she did not maintain boundaries and so strengthened his own.

Your insecurities are understandable but it doesnt mean they need to forever plague you. Forget this woman, do not put her between you. If you do, it is rather as if you cheated on him, by putting her first.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by liz22
    He was maybe going to go skiing but decided not to. He legitimately had his ski gear ready though, and he has decided to opt out of skiing at the last minute several times before due to laziness or just not feeling it. I guess anything is possible though. I hope not!
    That is a known fact which needs consideration.

She didn't say "we were supposed to go skiing this weekend". She said "hang out". Which to me is a different thing.

The rest involves a lot of speculation at this point. If you decide to take SherrySher's advice and unblock her (not that I think it's a good idea) the first question you should ask is where were they going to hang out?

If she says something other than skiing then you don't have an answer, because you can pack your gear - and leave it in the car while you go somewhere else.

If she says skiing then you don't have an answer, it could be her guessing well, or maybe she knew he was going skiing and she suggested she go with him, not the other way around.

Which is why I don't think its a good idea.

Edit: It is possible she might say "I heard he was thinking of going skiing, and I told him I would like to go with him", but then a lot of things are possible.
    Last edited by RayRay63; 03-10-2019 at 11:41 PM.

She is unstable. She says Oh we are just good friends etc but she is messaging you knowing he blocked her. Her whole message is the act of someone who is disingenuous. She knows she doesn't know you. She knows he blocked her. She knows she has been on his fb page. She is destructive to your marriage only because you are letting her be. Don't give in.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Videos

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice