Getting to know a barista

behappy2013

Was just at the mall this afternoon, and saw a cute girl working as barista.

It was nothing extraordinary, she just served me like any other customers, for some reasons, I feel it would be cool to know more about her as a person and as friend to see how it goes.

Judging from her appearance, should be in early 20s.

I intend to go back during off peak hours and try get her number, but don't want put her into the spot light.

Since it is at her work place, would it be inappropriate to do that?

How about you go buy a few more coffees from her and see if she is willing to talk to you? She may be married or in a relationship. You are getting ahead of yourself.

I agree.

At the moment, you know nothing about her, OP. Take the above advice and see if she seems interested in chatting. If she doesn't, then don't proceed.

thanks guys, it's a busy place to find time to chit chat, but i shall try to find the opportunity.

How about you go buy a few more coffees from her and see if she is willing to talk to you? She may be married or in a relationship. You are getting ahead of yourself.

I agree.

At the moment, you know nothing about her, OP. Take the above advice and see if she seems interested in chatting. If she doesn't, then don't proceed.

It's off-putting to try to pick up women who are at work. She probably gets hit on all the time and may not welcome yet another guy asking for her number. However you can keep getting coffee there and engaging in some chitchat and see how that goes before you jump in with a pickup line.

I intend to go back during off peak hours and try get her number, but don't want put her into the spot light.

Ugh don't go to her place of work and hit on her. Women get this far too often and 99% of the time it's unwelcome.

The fact that she is in a customer service position means she will be unable to leave the situation if she feels uncomfortable. That's massively unfair.

Don't be that guy. Leave her alone

I have to agree. I'm not a fan of customers trying to score dates with workers-- particularly those in any line of customer service. It puts them in a very compromised position to do their job of satisfying the customer while [most likely] turning them down. While I fortunately never had to deal with it while working retail, when I was doing some personal training work on the side, on a few occasions there were female clients who hit on me or asked me out, and it's an extremely uncomfortable position to be in.

However you feel about it, the whole "I met her at the checkout stand" cliche is a rapidly dying one in today's climate.

It is probably part of her job description to be chatty and nice to the customers.

This may not even be representative of her true personality.

By all means, keep going there for coffee, and chat to her as any customer would.

Do not however try and initiate anything or ask for her number.

If she feels any attraction for you, let her raise it.

just become a regular. At the same time, try to meet other young women elsewhere. if she sees you around quite frequently, you might have a chance to chat -- but since its her place of work, let her take the lead. Do nothing other than go to the coffee shop when she is working a few times.

I work in the service industry..honestly I see nothing wrong with flirting with her. It actually might make her shift a little more fun.. as long as you keep it light and casual. I wouldn’t ask for her number ...just get to know her on a slow casual level...if she tends to gravitate to you just to “chat” that might be a sign that she likes you..

Archived