Never know when to ask and when to walk away

Raji38

Ok so this girl and I are both in high school and we share one class. We sit next to each other every time and pretty much just flirt the whole time. We are at a small school so I see her in the halls and such a lot and she always gives me a hi with a nice smile, which is not usual for me. She asks me to walk with her to the parking lot after class and she'll talk to me in between classes. We used to be friends but now I'm getting the impression that she wants something more and I would like that too. Prom is coming up, but since she's an underclassman I don't want to ask her unless we are more than friends. Most of the girls are already taken so I am trying to start dating this girl asap. This is the last weekend before spring break when we both go out of town so I asked earlier this week if she wanted to hangout together outside of class. She said "couldn't sound more exciting." But when I asked if Saturday worked she said she was going to be at a friend's house prepping for their flight since they leave at 3am (reasonable). Then my Friday plans opened up so on Friday I asked her if she wanted to do something tonight and she said she had already planned to hang with some of her friends. Aagh. I can't tell if she wants to do something or not. We have a workday at school for our class that we both have to go to and she said she was going to go around lunchtime. I want to take her to lunch maybe, but I feel like I can't keep asking rapid fire and maybe she needs to ask me to do something. How do I remedy this? Thanks for all help.

Have you tried asking her when she can go out instead of taking wild guesses?

Try it, it's not a big deal or anything.

Also, taking her to prom while you both still aren't in a relationship (YET), doesn't mean it's the end of the world. You could ask her to be her bf on Prom, which will be both fun and exciting time, she'll remember that.

Otherwise, if you rush things, she'll lose interest quicker.

but since she's an underclassman I don't want to ask her unless we are more than friends.

Why? What would the difference make, whether underclassman or not, if this is really the only person with whom you'd want to go to the prom?

If you ask her to go and she says yes, then you you won't feel any unnecessary and self-imposed 'pressure' to evolve this thing prematurely and potentially blow it.

If she accepts your invite to the prom, then you'll know that she likes you enough to, at very least, stay in your picture until prom night. Then you can relax and allow things to develop organically instead of taking shots in the dark.

Head high, and fingers crossed for you.

Speaking as a woman, if a guy I was interested asked me out and I was busy, I'd definitely give him an alternate date. And after asking someone to hang out twice, whether it be a romantic interest or a friend and they turned me down, in my opinion, the ball is in their court to invite me to do something.

She might just like the attention of a guy who has a crush on her. If she's an underclassman, she might be too immature for you. I don't know why she has to be your gf to go to the prom with you. I'd probably take a wait and see attitude to see if she makes her own efforts toward you before prom. If you decide to ask her, just think of it as a fun time to dress up, have a good meal with good company and not project any seriousness on it.

Yeah so those who are wondering, I asked her to prom and she said she was excited but that she wanted to make sure we were on the same page that we were going as friends. So yea. I didn't really want to ask her to prom without being something more than friends first so now I'm stuck and can't make advances anymore. Oh well. Life is more than this single relationship. Peace and thanks.

Yeah so those who are wondering, I asked her to prom and she said she was excited but that she wanted to make sure we were on the same page that we were going as friends. So yea. I didn't really want to ask her to prom without being something more than friends first so now I'm stuck and can't make advances anymore. Oh well. Life is more than this single relationship. Peace and thanks.

Naaah, you're not stuck. A prom invitation is not a contract. If you find someone else you'd rather go with, then ask HER to go with you. I'd tell 'friend' that you only invited her because you were interested in moving beyond friends. Since she doesn't share that interest, you'd rather not go to the prom with her.

It makes no sense to play 'friendzies' with anyone you're romantically interested in. Respect yourself and act in your own best interests. You'll thank yourself later.

Archived