Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice on confusing guy I like - Mixed messages.

No worries at all. The first two were just one comment, but the one yesterday was back and fourth convo a few times. It is just a bit random? I don't get his angle. As the other poster said, if he wanted a side piece he could have easily tried knowing I like him but he hasn't, so not sure what he is trying to achieve?

Originally Posted by figureitout23
    My male friends hug me and put their arms around me, many are married some are single or dating, nothing comes of it, never has and I would bet a shiny quarter nothing will. Not every interaction between men and women is sexual or romantic so feet on the ground and try to recognize there’s probably a difference.
    Yes, absolutely. I am the same way with many of my platonic friends. My point is they weren't actually friends yet when he did this, they met like one time.

Originally Posted by eithly
    So you agree with me that he seems to be showing some sort of interest and attraction? I mean some of my friends say it is merely a comment and I am reading way too much into it, but I think it is more the story behind it. I didn't mind the arm around me to be honest because I really like him and we were being playful so I kind of put my arm around him too. I assumed he was single and into it.
    I do think it's possible that he's attracted to you, but I wouldn't pursue it if he's indeed taken. I know a lot of flirty people who are just that...flirty...but they just like the attention and getting their kicks off of people reciprocating which is what I think is happening here.
    Last edited by Devia; 03-08-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Platinum Member
    He likes the attention. That is it.

The bottom line: he is taken.

4. 03-08-2019, 09:06 PM
    Reason
    Trolling

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    He likes the attention. That is it.

The bottom line: he is taken.
    Yeah no sense in analyzing this to the nth degree, once again, he enjoys the attention, nothing more, nothing less.

I know you want to believe it's more, but it's not.

And it's not his job to not interact w you because he knows you like him.

It's your job to stop interacting w him, since he's unavailable for what you want, and that bothers you.

He already told you he is taken. Be respectful of that drawn line that was laid out. So what if he is commenting or liking your posts. Bottomline... he is taken. Move on.

Have you tried asking one of his friends if he truly is taken?

Try to dig a bit and investigate, then if he lied to you, you can take this as a clear sign that he doesn't want anything serious with you and try to keep your guard up around him, because hey, you never know.

Unfortunately it's one-sided. He has never asked you out so fb status, comments, etc are irrelevant. Remember you added him, he did not pursue you. There are no mixed signals. The only signal is that you are chasing him and he has not asked you out. There is no "angle". The best approach would be to back away and start dating guys who show some clear cut interest.
    Originally Posted by eithly
    I was attracted to him.
    I ended up adding him on Facebook
    I stupidly messaged him and basically told him I was into him
    I really do have a major crush on him and he is confusing me.
    I guess you could say he hasn't tried to meet up or anything.

Silver Member
    Some people are more tactile and they touch more, and it is purely a friendly and platonic act, a caring gesture. It is also a very flirtatious act to embrace you, put his arm around you, make you feel like there is an interest. You know he's "taken," so what comes out of this, in my mind, is he's flirting and attracted, but he's not going to easily cross the line. He's already crossed the line by actively touching and flirting. He enjoys the attention and ego boost, and so do you.

Is he this touchy-feely with everyone? If he embraces and touches everyone the same, men and women, this is his personality, culture. If he does not behave this way with everyone, he is flirting and attracted. There is no doubt he is attracted.

Leave him be. Fine if he comments on your social media, fine if he touches...this is nothing but good feelings and ego boost for you, but that's all it is...he is not relationship material. Do not engage or encourage. He will drop off at some point if you do not engage and do not reciprocate or encourage him. You could unfriend, block, delete if warranted. Disengage. Avoid the ability to make personal contact. The "hello hug" or "goodbye hug" is fine if it's the norm within the group or his personality and if you are also okay with it. Keep your distance otherwise. You are attracted to him, so you welcome his advances, even if subconsciously...stop doing that. Be mindful of yourself.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by FRR
    Have you tried asking one of his friends if he truly is taken?

Try to dig a bit and investigate, then if he lied to you, you can take this as a clear sign that he doesn't want anything serious with you and try to keep your guard up around him, because hey, you never know.
    I would think that the fact that he told her he was taken would be sufficient. Why should she waste any more time on this.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I would think that the fact that he told her he was taken would be sufficient. Why should she waste any more time on this.
    The reason is because so she could find out the truth and move on or unfriend him or whatever so he could stop teasing her, etc.

Think for once.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice