Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insomnia

CBD Oil if itís legal where you live.

2. 03-08-2019, 08:11 AM

Before you throw any type of substances at it, try a more natural healthy approach by revising lifestyle and habits. It's always better to get at the root causes as well as making lifestyle changes before throwing stuff at it and retaining the bad habits and whatever other contributing underlying causes there are.

This way you solve problems rather than let them march on and just mask symptoms. Insomnia is rather ubiquitous, so it could be due to just about anything. Why not try therapy to investigate some possible causes?
    Originally Posted by FRR
    How am I suppose to have good sleep hygiene if I can't sleep until the morning???

Melatonin is a natural substance your body creates, which aids your sleep cycles and promotes deeper REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. The REM cycle of sleep is most restorative to the body and most difficult for light sleepers to achieve. I opted to take a melatonin supplement in the evenings during my most stressful period of insomnia, and it did help me sleep longer and better throughout the night. It's not a drug, and it doesn't need to be used once your body adjusts to regular sleep cycles.

5. 03-08-2019, 01:14 PM

I have friend who takes small doses of melatonin and she swears it knocks her out and she sleeps like a rock.
    Me - nothing.
    I've tried CBD oil and though I can feel it have a calming effect, I can doze off but I don't stay asleep.
    Everyone's chemistry is different.

I take a Xanax for sleep. I break it half, though. There are times I wake up in the middle of the night and take the other half. But not often.
    My new dr was hesitant to give it to me but when I told him I'd be his liability if I dozed off while commuting for 90 mins in the morning, he grabbed his prescription pad.

Interestingly enough, if I am not working for a few days, I sleep fine. I am pretty sure it has to do with sleep anxiety that comes with knowing I have to fall asleep and be up at certain time, or I am toast. I don't often have the luxury of falling asleep when my body needs it and waking up when I am rested.

Reinventmyself, isn't it funny how so many of us think of it as a luxury to sleep when our bodies need it and wake up when we are rested. ! I think for a lot of people, we are overworked and get to a point where we are chronically sleep deprived.

I agree with wiseman that the first thing is to see your doc, and then start working the long list of tools available for getting on a healthier sleep schedule. Sometimes x will work, sometimes xyz, sometimes a. Also it's much easier to treat once you understand the root for you of your sleep issues.

You mentioned last year of school. Do you think that may be contributing at all?

Platinum Member
    I try every single method people suggest. Sometimes they work. Usually they don't.

I have extreme job anxiety that is so powerful it can bust right through melatonin, Z-Quil, aromatherapy sprays, ambient sounds, anything. I know that solving the anxiety issue would solve the sleep issue.

OP, is there anything you have on your mind that could be interfering with your ability to sleep?

Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    Reinventmyself, isn't it funny how so many of us think of it as a luxury to sleep when our bodies need it and wake up when we are rested. ! I think for a lot of people, we are overworked and get to a point where we are chronically sleep deprived.

I agree with wiseman that the first thing is to see your doc, and then start working the long list of tools available for getting on a healthier sleep schedule. Sometimes x will work, sometimes xyz, sometimes a. Also it's much easier to treat once you understand the root for you of your sleep issues.

You mentioned last year of school. Do you think that may be contributing at all?
    No, I don't feel any stress or anything, I feel just like any other day, but maybe my brain is not allowing me to feel stress?

I usually have anxiety in big crowds, but over the years, I've managed to get it under control and fix it, so this doesn't make any sense.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    I try every single method people suggest. Sometimes they work. Usually they don't.

I have extreme job anxiety that is so powerful it can bust right through melatonin, Z-Quil, aromatherapy sprays, ambient sounds, anything. I know that solving the anxiety issue would solve the sleep issue.

OP, is there anything you have on your mind that could be interfering with your ability to sleep?
    Well, there is this thought of my classmate that I hate and they hate me, I keep thinking of combacks to their remarks.
    Basically standing up to a bully.

I once got into a fight with one of my other classmates (she started it, but I won, I was tougher than her. LOL), so since then I keep my guard up near them just in case they try anything stupid. Sure, I might be alone in a fight with 3-5 girls, but I'm sure that I can take care of myself and if anything, I can go straight to the police in case things go out of hand, just saying.

But other than that, nothing.

I thought about this before, but it NEVER ended up making me sleep deprived...so I don't know.. :/

To others who mentioned using weed to help me sleep, THANK YOU, but I WILL NEVER USE THAT STUFF. I HATE IT.

I NEVER WANT TO TRY IT, THANKS!

Platinum Member
    Awful! Have you tried meditation?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice