I'm with the bf.

What are the other issues?

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I'm with the bf.

What are the other issues?
    He has made some poor choices in the past
    Life choices etc

Originally Posted by melancholy123
    My husband and I can look on each other's phone and computers and emails. Maybe we are the weird ones because we do trust each other..
    Ditto. Add us to the weird list. We can look at each other's phone, computers etc but we never do. The only time he ever looks at anything is when I ask him to "fix" something for me, lol. I am not tech savvy in any way, shape or form and he has full control/access of all my devices as he does all the updates and whatever else phones and computers need done. I couldn't be bothered because I don't understand most of it, lol.

We have nothing to hide and we have no need to "snoop" - I even call him to come and read some of the threads here on ENA.

OP, sounds like you have major insecurity/trust issues. You need to ask yourself where it's all coming from and why.

My bf doesn't even use social media so it's a non issue for us. That said I have no desire to be one of those couples that shares social media accounts and passwords or reads each others texts... I like my independence.

No, and we don't open each other's mail either. We don't share our pins for bank cards or cc either.

I know some couples share everything but I like it this way. If one of us needs to use the others comp or phone for some reason, we'll do that. But that's about it.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Pocketrocket
    He has made some poor choices in the past

Life choices etc
    Such as?????

Platinum Member
    So I have given him my passwords to various things when he needs to do our taxes or similar. But no we don't and I have seen some of his work emails if I'm on a computer and they literally pop up - no biggie. Once in awhile if one of our phones rings we'll check for the other person if it's important. But what I have been thinking about is whether we should have each other's phone passwords for safety reasons -what if one of us had an accident and I needed to get into his phone or vice versa?
    I'm a big fan of privacy/respecting someone's privacy so even when he gets a lot more texts at night than usual I most often won't comment -once in awhile I do if it's a lot. I agree with your boyfriend.

Originally Posted by Capricorn3
    Ditto. Add us to the weird list. We can look at each other's phone, computers etc but we never do. The only time he ever looks at anything is when I ask him to "fix" something for me, lol. I am not tech savvy in any way, shape or form and he has full control/access of all my devices as he does all the updates and whatever else phones and computers need done. I couldn't be bothered because I don't understand most of it, lol.

We have nothing to hide and we have no need to "snoop" - I even call him to come and read some of the threads here on ENA.

OP, sounds like you have major insecurity/trust issues. You need to ask yourself where it's all coming from and why.
    Let me clarify, just because we can look at each other's devices, doesnt mean we do. We dont, unless it's to look at a cartoon or joke on facebook, that type of thing. It's never to snoop. I'm the techy one and I have fixed stuff on his PC and I've installed a few apps on his phone because I can get it done a lot faster than he can. It's never for nefarious reasons.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    So I have given him my passwords to various things when he needs to do our taxes or similar. But no we don't and I have seen some of his work emails if I'm on a computer and they literally pop up - no biggie. Once in awhile if one of our phones rings we'll check for the other person if it's important. But what I have been thinking about is whether we should have each other's phone passwords for safety reasons -what if one of us had an accident and I needed to get into his phone or vice versa?
    I'm a big fan of privacy/respecting someone's privacy so even when he gets a lot more texts at night than usual I most often won't comment -once in awhile I do if it's a lot. I agree with your boyfriend.
    I have a book with passwords written in it, for the very reason of what if something happens to me and he needs to access banking stuff or whatever. Perhaps something you and others could consider.

Platinum Member
    Saw your history. It seems that everyone warned you to run.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice