Anyone got any experience with trapped ulnar nerve?

I have lost sensation in my little and ring finger on my right hand, after I suspect trapping a nerve after a yoga class. I was in agony the 1st day and night, so bad I had to take codeine to sleep...

Now it is just tingling badly and no sensation, but has improved vastly since it happened. Ive researched and supposedly symptoms show trapped ulnar nerve, that is freed as no pain, but nerves have been damaged, hence the numbness and will take time to heal.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Im from a small town and the DR is no use for stuff like this, the hospital is far and no physio's really. Don't know what course of actions best to take.

You need to see a doctor. Never self diagnose numbness or sensory loss. Never self medicate with narcotics. You are doing incredible harm to yourself with ignoring this (yes, googling and self diagnosis is ignoring it) and using narcotics randomly.

I have lost sensation in my little and ring finger on my right hand,

I had to take codeine to sleep.

Yes, 10 years ago I had to have partial ulna nerve entrapment surgery. This occurred after a fall on ice. It took two years of physical therapy and acupuncture to realize my left arm wasn’t getting any better after the injury (thus, the surgical route). The procedure was successful, with the orthopedic doctor moving the ulna nerve slightly away from the entrapment near the elbow. I must tell you: In my case, I had strong pain on my left elbow, as well as tingling down the forearm straight to the ring and pinkie fingers. Be advised, tingling in your fingers can also be a cervical spinal disc problem (especially C5/6). I have known three people who had tingling in hands who, after MRIs, were found to have spinal stenosis. Are you experiencing any neck or shoulder aches?

The tingling in the pinkie and ring finger indicates ulnar nerve entrapment, either in the elbow or more rarely the shoulder.

When the numbness wore off from my surgery, the tingling was totally gone and has never returned. No physical therapy and the discomfort was generally gone in about one month.

Can you go to a larger city and see a doctor? This is something that can be caused by so many things, even relating to shoulder or clavicle nerve entrapment. The right doctor can help you figure out exactly where the entrapment is and the best course of action.

I've never had this exact issue, but I kick myself for having walked around for years with a very painful Morton's neuroma (nerves that bundle up) in my left foot, which caused tingling, and ultimately stabbing pains in my toes, even at rest. Finally 2 years ago, I had surgery, and I haven't had a moment of tingling or pain since.

Like you, I read all about my condition on the internet, but.....I'm not a doctor, lol. I don't know why it took me so long to finally see one, as the surgery/recovery was a breeze.

Hey thanks all for speedy response. No not diabetic... i think it was trapped in elbo as elbow, forearm and fingers were agony the 1st day and night now its subsided but still debilitating and tingly.

I have messaged 2 physios but awaiting responses. If same monday i will go to outpatientsat hospital :)

Archived