Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: LDR ex completely abandoned me for a new guy

If it makes you feel any better, you do not have an attachment issue. Everything you are feeling is perfectly normal.
    Just be patient and give this some time.
    Hang in there.

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    If it makes you feel any better, you do not have an attachment issue. Everything you are feeling is perfectly normal.
    Just be patient and give this some time.
    Hang in there.
    That does make me feel better. Though if it's normal, I wonder why she doesn't seem to feel the same way, except for crying during the breakup.

Thank you

Originally Posted by MisterMime93
    I wonder why she doesn't seem to feel the same way, except for crying during
    Because she isn't you. Her experience is entirely different, whatever that may be

Platinum Member
    My ex felt nothing but excitement over his new girlfriend when he dumped me via email. No regret, no sadness, no compassion.

But that's fine, let them do their thing. You don't have to have a front row seat for their relationship.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    My ex felt nothing but excitement over his new girlfriend when he dumped me via email. No regret, no sadness, no compassion.

But that's fine, let them do their thing. You don't have to have a front row seat for their relationship.
    It's astounding how that can work, is it.

I'll let them do their thing. I want nothing to do with it. I wished them the best and that's it.

Gold Member
    Reinvent's advice on page 3 is excellent, and I have nothing to add to it.

Originally Posted by MisterMime93
    It makes me wonder if the other person still thinks about me, which I absolutely shouldn't think about.
    You knew this lady for more than 2 years, and there was enough attraction for you two to get together, LD.

She will think of you from time to time - even though she is distracted from the effects of the break-up by monkey branching to the other fellow.

This does not mean she wants to get back together.

Doing no contact properly will probably increase her curiosity in the months to come, but as always said, do it for yourself to heal and move on, not as a weapon.

Even if you can't convince yourself not to think of it as a weapon, do it anyway, because it'll work positively for you as time passes and your emotional addiction to her fades.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun

Same here Bolty. The only thing she was concerned about, was whether I would stay in orbit in case she needed Plan B down the track.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by RayRay63
    Same here Bolty. The only thing she was concerned about, was whether I would stay in orbit in case she needed Plan B down the track.
    Yeah, my ex would call me whenever he and the woman he cheated on me with and dumped me for got in a fight. If I picked up he would say nice things to me like "no one knows me the way you do". Then when they made up I wouldn't hear from him until the next fight.

I do not recommend that course of action. It was extremely defeating and esteem crushing.

Originally Posted by RayRay63
    Reinvent's advice on page 3 is excellent, and I have nothing to add to it.

You knew this lady for more than 2 years, and there was enough attraction for you two to get together, LD.

She will think of you from time to time - even though she is distracted from the effects of the break-up by monkey branching to the other fellow.

This does not mean she wants to get back together.

Doing no contact properly will probably increase her curiosity in the months to come, but as always said, do it for yourself to heal and move on, not as a weapon.

Even if you can't convince yourself not to think of it as a weapon, do it anyway, because it'll work positively for you as time passes and your emotional addiction to her fades.
    This made me feel better, thank you a lot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice