Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My ex texted me about a year later.

. . .besides, there is no motivation to return to you if she can have easy access to you at a reduced capacity. You just agreed to be demoted as her friend.
    I don't think that was your intention.
    Add in, she'll likely lose respect for you in the meantime.

I'd tell her that you have enough friends, and unless she wants to talk about getting back together, you're moving on.

She'll either sink or swim, yet she'll hear those words loud and clear.

Come to think of it youíre right I was in the process of just forgetting about her and working on my own. crazy way you put it into perspective thanks means a lot

Silver Member
    She wants you as a beta male orbiter for free attention while she looks for other guys. Tell her if she wants to talk without any limitations she should reach out, if not wish her luck and find someone else.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    I never believe in this 'being friends' crap after a couple splits up, especially if one of the them doesn't want to break up. If she doesn't want to get back with you, she should respect you enough to let you go on with your life. Watching what she does on social media is just torturing yourself.

My advise is to tell her that you don't wish to be friends, and it's too painful to be in communication with her. Then block her on everything and move on.
    I agree 100%.

Good post.

7. 03-07-2019, 01:23 PM

8. 03-07-2019, 01:54 PM

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Coyote
    I agree. You always see people writing block and delete....ok, I get that some of them had really bad experiences...but for those of us that didn't have it, blocking the person is just rude in my opinion. You can always say in a nice tone that friendship is not something you're interested and let they contact you if they change their mind. Like you said, I'm sure most of the exes are not keeping us in their life to screw us over, but they genuinely miss us, but also are not interested in more than just a friendship...so if you're not up to it you must tell them and if she's good person, I'm sure she'll respect it.
    Blocking them reminds you not to initiate any contact with them. A small thing, for sure, but useful late in the evening. If they really want to get in contact, they will.

Bronze Member
    Generally i only advise block and delete when there has been some poor/abusive/lying/decieitful behaviour. If it's a relatively civil break up over distance/logistics etc then it may not be essential if you can genuinely hold a platonic friendship. In the OP case here this is clearly not possible so best to wish them well and block for the benefit of both.

I 100% agree with what you guys are saying but iím stupid and found this artical online. what are your guys thoughts on this article about being in a friendzone with an ex? apparently if I keep open lines of communication I could potentially change how the relationship turn into. any thoughts?
    [Register to see the link]

Silver Member

My ex texted me about a year later.

Heís presenting himself as buthurt if he tells her her canít handle being friends and blocks her, reinforcing the notion thatís sheís the sexual selector. If he wants any chance of ever regaining her respect he needs to go no contact but first he should calmly and without bitterness state what he wants.

Bronze Member
    I agree but he is only keeping the lines of communication open via a false friendship to try and sneak in the back door romantically but the ex is wise to the OP strategy.

OP you must be honest and say what you want in clear terms to her and if she cannot reciprocate then wish her well and walk away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice