I'm so sick of him

2steptyme

I started dating this guy in october 2018. He asked if i had any expectations and i said no because i just wanted to get to know him first. If it moved to a relationship then I would expect more. And he said he understood but felt I didnt care about him. Which is NOT true I ended up falling in love with him and told him how I felt. And he understood, I even told him I wanted to be with him eventually as time went on because we both agreed we werent ready. Fast forward to January 2019 he got mad at post I made on my Instagram story which he thought was about him because i said expect nothing and you won't be disappointed. I explained it wasnt but he felt bothered. We ended up arguing and he said it was best that we just take a step back. He said he's still there but wants me to progress with my career and all this crap. He barely replies to calls and messages and the last time he talked was on Feb 22. He makes no effort to contact me anymore. At this point since its March should I say F it and move on? Should I delete him off my social media? Or should I continue no contact and wait for him to come around.

Delete yourself off of Instagram, block and delete him from getting in touch with you and when you're feeling indifferent to him, get out and start dating again. No sense wasting your time and emotions on some guy who clearly isn't jonesing to be with you.

Do concentrate on you, your career and advancing yourself to be a confident, successful woman. When you meet a good guy that shws you that he values you, he will be the icing on your already nicely baked cake. ;D

Why are you not out chasing this guy down? I mean, you should put on your running shoes and go get him. I mean, if you wanted to meet someone who you have to dedicate your whole life to, it would be this guy. Imagine you running back to him then not only swallowing your pride, but youll have to put your own life to one side because he is fragile and very self centered.

So you better hurry up before another girl end up in his life and she will be the one who will have to play mommy and have to be there to stroke his ego and walk on egg shells so that she doesn't hurt his ego and that's how a one way relationship should be.

Or you can just say you are better off. As mentioned before, he wanted out. He has probably been waiting for something for a while now. Im going to guess in the last few months, he has been really petty and picky about things. In the end, you are going to be better off.

Have you met in person? If you don't want relationships in general or with someone in particular, then don't string anyone along. Date or don't date.

I even told him I wanted to be with him eventually as time went on because we both agreed we werent ready.
I even told him I wanted to be with him eventually.

He probably thinks, with good reason, that you were friend zoning him.

No wonder he lost interest. In fact pulling away from that seems to have worked, because here you are asking about it.

Find someone you want to be with now, not eventually.

Yeah, I think it's time to let this ship sail. He stopped putting in effort, and you're right to not invest too much in this.

Disagree SGH - she gave him the run-around - "I I even told him I wanted to be with him eventually" - gee, what an encourgament.

He didn't stop putting in effort, she rejected it, and the guy is right to move on to someone whom appreciates him now.

She should stop whining about him, and look at her own actions.

Yes, if a guy told me they wanted to be with me "eventually" after a while dating, I'd also step back as it would seem to me that he's just not that into me. Maybe the guy thought the same about the OP and decided to step back and don't invest in something so uncertain.

She told him she loved him and that she wanted to be with him eventually because "they both agreed they weren't ready" It helps to understand her meaning better if you take the statement in the context it was given.

Yeah, it's probably not a clear case of her pulling away and him wanting something more fruitful.

With that said, it is also possible that this guy only agreed that they "both" weren't ready as a means to be agreeable to someone he wanted to be with, which could be dishonest on his part regarding his own feelings. It's worth it enough for the OP to think about the possibility that she was stringing someone along and potentially grow from that behavior.

Either way, though, there was no relationship here, and regardless of which part[ies] were "pulling away", the dynamic has been effectively pulled away from, so there's really not much to do other than to move forward alone and form a better dynamic with the next person.

Ok so I'm not whining about anything. I just asked for advice. And I didn't say the actual word eventually to him. I'm saying eventually in the context we were working on being in a solid relationship because he told me he wasn't ready so I too said I wasn't either. It would have been pointless to expect something like a relationship at that point. I expressed to him how I felt and he act like he understood. I was very supportive to his goals and dreams and appreciative to what he did for me and vice versa.

Ok so I'm not whining about anything. I just asked for advice. And I didn't say the actual word eventually to him. I'm saying eventually in the context we were working on being in a solid relationship because he told me he wasn't ready so I too said I wasn't either. It would have been pointless to expect something like a relationship at that point. I expressed to him how I felt and he act like he understood. I was very supportive to his goals and dreams and appreciative to what he did for me and vice versa.

Okay so you've learned something from this... That being: when a guy tells you he's not ready to be in a relationship you can pretty much be guaranteed that it means "I'm not ready to be in a relationship with you, and likely never will be." Unless of course you're jumping the gun and asking them to be your bf/gf in a committed relationship after the second date, in that case they truly would not be ready.

Ok I didn't actually say the word "eventually" I just knew that I wanted to be with him and he told me he wasn't ready. So it would have been silly to have expectations of a relationship I would have gotten even more disappointed.

OK, that changes things a bit.

Give him the space and time he explicitly asked for, and is now asking for implicitly by slowing down contact.

I have no idea if that will give him the chance to miss you/reconsider. Attraction is an involuntary thing, but the friend zone usually leads only to a non-romantic friendship.

It may be you'll both just move on having learned something from this.

Archived