LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Year On - Thoughts and Advice

Bronze Member
    Thanks for posting this, I have someone very close to me that this just happened to and we are all devastated for him.

I just worry about him constantly since i found out, I worry about his mental health, my brother my best friend from day 1. He doesn't show his sadness , he isn't a blubbering mess but I constantly worry about how he's coping.

He is the most kind hearted, beautiful person and definitely doesn't deserve this but who does. I don't want to force him to talk about it but I want him to know that he can talk about it whenever he wants and he can even come stay with me anytime. If he brings it up I'll listen.

What else can I do?

Originally Posted by chocolate_86
    What else can I do?
    Not much unfortunately....You are already doing a great service just be being there if and when he needs you....

Some people close up and just push on and others (like me) just won't shut up about it....Different strokes for different folks I guess....

Just remember there is no time frame as to when one 'should' be over it.....and so long as he's pushing on and taking care of himself and the day to day, time will weave it's magic...

Sending You and Him Strength*

Carus*

Originally Posted by Mike5
    Finally, and this may sound a bit cheesy, one of my favourite scenes in the Batman trilogy from a few years back comes in the second one, where Bruce Wayne is in anguish at seeing his world collapse. He asks Alfred "What can I do?" Alfred answers with one word: "Endure." That is the word to live by: your only aim right now is to survive and endure. Each day you put between you and your trauma is a triumph and will slowly but surely contribute to your healing. So all you have to do is get from dawn to dusk, that's all.

To compliment the Batman line, here's a more upmarket line from Virgil: Durate, et vosmet rebus servate secundis - "Endure, and save yourself for days of happiness!"
    The bolded^^ is now tattooed around my left fore arm*

C*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice