Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do I force myself to want to reconcile w husband?

Originally Posted by Gb83
    Good question. At this point I want to forget about everything my husband is lacking, realize no one is perfect, and accept a little boredom. And also accept having to move to multiple expensive areas Over the course of life because he decides so, and accept that he’ll never be moving for me (even though I’m technically the only one w the career until he finishes training in 7 years). I just want to figure out a way to reconcile w him and realize I could have it much worse- no one has a good marriage all the time. The problem is that he insists he’s never done anything wrong in our relationship and it’s all my fault for “not respecting and supporting” his work. He’s literally so intense about his “work” (startups that have made $0 in 3 years bc he doesn’t fully develop any of them) that he asked for a divorce right after I learned I was pregnant because I wasn’t “unconditionally supportive.”
    Why? What would that buy you?

Originally Posted by catfeeder
    Why? What would that buy you?
    Then we could be an intact family and I wouldn’t be alone, bc he can be nice and pleasant, and I can think of worse guys w worse red flags.

I can think of worse guys w worse red flags.
    Like being married and talking to other women (who are also married)?

Silver Member
    Aren't you alone even when with him if you feel alienated and he is always running on about divorce? And just because you can think of worse men is no reason to stay married. There are plenty of men I dated I wouldn't marry, doesn't mean they had to be Josef Stalin to be rejected. Your thinking in every area of this issue is so flawed:i really wish you would find a therapist and work on yourself so you could figure out a better future for your child.

Then we could be an intact family and I wouldn’t be alone, bc he can be nice and pleasant, and I can think of worse guys w worse red flags.
    That sounds inspiring.

Man... I don’t pat myself on the back much but boy did I ever call this in the other thread.

You still love him.

Girl go to therapy and fix this.

Divorce, even when it’s wanted is a very hard and traumatic event, don’t do it lightly. You’re pregnant please at least try I think you want to but we’re wairinf for someone to say it and you unfortunately didn’t get that.

I hope I’m not too late. I hope you give therapy a try. No I would not move. I would end all contact with the other guy, just slow down stop fix your marriage. If it fails after you try at least you have the peace of knowing you did everything you could.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice