LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ďLovingĒ a Narcissist

Silver Member
    I was feeling a bit down last night and despite her issues, is someone I genuinely care about. That not to say I think we should be in contact but Iím not angry, just trying to be realist.
    And occasionally thinking about someone and events that were impactful seems pretty normal to me. Iím not building a shrine or living as a hermit, donít be so dramatic.

Platinum Member
    Yes. Being down two years after a break, is not moving on with one's life.

How long did you date?

Originally Posted by Tomthumb88
    I was feeling a bit down last night and despite her issues, is someone I genuinely care about. That not to say I think we should be in contact but Iím not angry, just trying to be realist.
    And occasionally thinking about someone and events that were impactful seems pretty normal to me. Iím not building a shrine or living as a hermit, donít be so dramatic.
    Lol! That actually made me chuckle.

I hear you, believe it or not I do.

But Iím going to keep saying this because itís big and I feel itís being avoided purposely, you keep insisting weíre ( or maybe just specifically me) twisting your story but again didnít YOU originally break up with HER?

Silver Member
    Iím confused as to why you both keep ďdefendingĒ her and discounting what I say. Sheís not on here, I didnít reveal her name and I certainly wasnít attacking her anyway.
    The moment would have passed and Iíd have gone about my life if I hadnít posted and here I am. Clearly posting was a bad idea.

Silver Member
    I told her this wasnít working and asked her to lift a finger and she declined and said sheíd check back in a few weeks. I presume she wanted to give a new guy a test run.

Iím sorry if I gave that impression. I actually said ď I hear you believe it or not I doĒ that wasnít meant to defend her.

I was asking if I got the timelines correct because it seems you left her, which Iím assuming you confirmed you did:

Originally Posted by Tomthumb88
    I told her this wasnít working and asked her to lift a finger and she declined and said sheíd check back in a few weeks. I presume she wanted to give a new guy a test run.
    Which would then make your insistence that she left you when everything was perfect not completely the truth, right?

I know it may seem like youíre getting dumped on. I promise you thatís not my intention, I think catfeeder said we can agree with you, we can go down the rabbit hole with you but it wouldnít do you any good.

You want so desperately to make this breakup about her betraying you, and on some level I guess you can say she did, but youíve been a willing participant on this crazy train.

You gotta get off. You have be power to begin healing, but you canít heal while dragging the rotting corpse of this past relationship.

Silver Member
    She broke up with me in place.. but the shift was from one day to another. I believe itís called the devalue stage. It actually made me try harder and invest more and more until I couldnít take it. But I thought she wasnít supposed to be the focus.

Silver Member
    And I donít really even want to talk about it anymore. Sheís genuinely the saddest woman Iíve ever met.

10. 03-05-2019, 05:54 AM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice