Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boyfriend broke up with me because ex had an abortion?

I think this idea that your relationship was "perfect" is complete nonsense. The best relationships aren't perfect. People are flawed which make relationships flawed.

It isn't you're responsibility to pull him through past baggage about an ex that he never really got over. Waiting around or trying to convince him to invest in you will not accomplish the goal that you want. You're initial instinct to not accept the "break" was 100% spot on. He wants the time to explore his feelings for his ex at the very least. If you accepted the break, he likely would have dropped you in a month or so to get back together with his ex. Choose the path of dignity and turn away from your fear and panic. He is not choosing you, which means you must not choose him.

UPDATE: I sent him a message at the advice of my mom and therapist that said I was still thinking about him and was still here for him. An hour later, I check Instagram to find that they both followed each other. You guys were so right. I've learned my lesson. He hasn't messaged back, and I don't know what to say if he does. I unfollowed him on everything. Thank you for those of you warning to stay away, wish I would've listened to you wise strangers on the internet for once lol.

Silver Member
    jcat, it's not the answer you wanted, but it's an answer, and one you wouldn't have known for sure without reaching out. You had a year together. That's not a throwaway...at least not for you, and for as lousy as you feel right now, I hope you feel good that you exhibited your care for him, and also opened that door for the possibility. This could have gone in the other direction...it's possible, but if you were both too busy being stubborn, it could have been an opportunity lost. All you can do is reach out...and then take the hint as the case may be. Even if he does come back to you, you are more aware now than in the past of this connection that is a lot stronger than you thought...that he still has feelings for his ex. Now you can walk away with knowledge. Sorry about everything that happened, but I think you did the right thing.

Platinum Member
    This must be so heartbreaking. I truly feel for you and can't believe he broke up with you through text :/. Leave this guy behind you, you are truly worthy of so much more.

Platinum Member
    I'm sorry, OP.

Let his silence be your cue that he is not that bothered about you anymore. I would cease any further contact with him, as it will be very hurtful for you if you find out that they have gotten back together.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by jcat
    4. Should I say something or move on and hope for the best?

Thank you!
    You should move on.

He reiterated how he needed to be alone and face his feelings.
    Eye rolling BS. Run, don't walk away.

8. 03-07-2019, 12:20 AM

9. 03-07-2019, 12:21 AM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice