My boyfriend missed his flight and is angry at me. Should I end it with him?

lunarlover

My boyfriend had me book a flight to Vegas last minute for a major sporting event. He had a tight budget and a limited amount of days for the trip. I did the best I could and got him a fairly cheap flight. I sent him the information but he neglected to read it and so he booked tickets for a day he was not going to be there. He flipped out on me, saying I screwed him. Even though he had all of the ticket information before he booked his hotel and game tickets.I tried to find him a later flight but to no avail. Fast forward to the day of the flight, I had work commitments and I had to drive my daughter to her sitter who was an hour away. I tried to manage all of that. Plus my boyfriend wanted me to print his tickets which I forgot to do because I was juggling so much. Finally, I tried to do it on the way. Only he neglected to read his flight email which said that one of the flights was not reserved. So I had to manage that while driving to the airport in terrible weather. It was raining heavily, a ton of car accidents and police cars and traffic. We got to the airport 15 mins too late to check in and he missed his flight. To make matters worse, he was drinking the whole way there. After he spent the car ride expressing his disappointment in me, he stumbled out of the car and left a ton of empty bottles in my car and two bottles of his piss. Now, he s giving me the cold shoulder while claiming we are fine. I don t think he will forgive me. I asked him flat out if he wanted to break up and then, he said if I wanted to break up he would be cool with it. That sounds like someone who is done right? Should just end it?

Why would you want to stay with a child? He is a grown man who can’t book his own tickets or manage a calendar. He can’t even get to the airport. Quit mothering him and dump him. Stop being in relationships with immature men you have to look after — you already have a child to raise and she should be getting this attention, not some immature loser.

I wouldn't want to spend 3 minutes with someone like him and any longer would be an absolute nightmare. Work on your self esteem or you will keep accepting sub par men into your life. If you don't care enough about yourself to break up with this scum, at least care enough about your child as a reason to break up to prevent her exposure to toxic people.

Why are you even with this jerk? Why do you expect so little for yourself. Also, if he can't afford the trip, he should not be going.

Don't know why tickets would have to be printed. it is on the phone. If he was that drunk, they would not have allowed him on the plane. He sounds gross.

Dump this azz!

I agree. The silent treatment I hate to say is a relief. I don't think I want things to work out with him. He is a man-child who is incredibly demanding. It's gotten to the point that if I don't answer the phone as soon as he calls, he gets upset and questions what I am doing. I think I just needed to hear someone else tell me what I already know. I grew up with parents just like him so it's normal even though I don't like it. I feel like two people sometimes. One that wants to make him happy and one that wants to kick him to the curb and slap sense into myself. He is not some great catch. He's a small bitter man who is upset that his looks are fading and his admirers as fleeting. Long ago, he used to have some fame and he needed to be at this event so he could take pictures, post them to social media and get likes. He lives and breathes on the likes on his facebook page and his number of followers. It's incredibly sad. Most people don't know the conditions he lives in now. He lies to everyone. I'm the only one that knows. I felt sorry for him but I've run out of sympathy. I know I can do better than him.

I agree. The silent treatment I hate to say is a relief. I don't think I want things to work out with him. He is a man-child who is incredibly demanding. It's gotten to the point that if I don't answer the phone as soon as he calls, he gets upset and questions what I am doing. I think I just needed to hear someone else tell me what I already know. I grew up with parents just like him so it's normal even though I don't like it. I feel like two people sometimes. One that wants to make him happy and one that wants to kick him to the curb and slap sense into myself. He is not some great catch. He's a small bitter man who is upset that his looks are fading and his admirers as fleeting. Long ago, he used to have some fame and he needed to be at this event so he could take pictures, post them to social media and get likes. He lives and breathes on the likes on his facebook page and his number of followers. It's incredibly sad. Most people don't know the conditions he lives in now. He lies to everyone. I'm the only one that knows. I felt sorry for him but I've run out of sympathy. I know I can do better than him.

Can you say passive aggressive immature loser? That's what he is, and a boozer on top of it all. Wake up and smell the coffee, he's a poor excuse for a man, surely you can do better, and you have a child to think about.

Your parents were not "normal" in terms of how they treated you and this jerk of a guy is not "normal" either.

An airline doesnt have to let a drunk on board, which would be his problem to deal with. Regain your life and self esteem and move on from him.

If not for you, do this for your daughter: break up with him and block and delete him for good. Your child is your priority, not a drunk man child who can't even buy tickets and get to the airport himself and is abusive with you. He can leave his bottles of piss (??) on someone else's car. Set a better example for your daughter on what an healthy relationship is and protect her from this potentially alcoholic abusive man and drop this scumbag.

One that wants to make him happy and one that wants to kick him to the curb and slap sense into myself.

I'd take the happy medium and curb him permanently, which would match enough sense to avoid any slapping. Teach yourself and your child the advantages of mature decision making that doesn't involve allowing mistreatment from ANYone into your life.

Things don't need to get hellish in order to make wiser choices.

Head high.

My boyfriend had me book a flight to Vegas last minute for a major sporting event. He had a tight budget and a limited amount of days for the trip. I did the best I could and got him a fairly cheap flight. I sent him the information but he neglected to read it and so he booked tickets for a day he was not going to be there. He flipped out on me, saying I screwed him. Even though he had all of the ticket information before he booked his hotel and game tickets.I tried to find him a later flight but to no avail. Fast forward to the day of the flight, I had work commitments and I had to drive my daughter to her sitter who was an hour away. I tried to manage all of that. Plus my boyfriend wanted me to print his tickets which I forgot to do because I was juggling so much. Finally, I tried to do it on the way. Only he neglected to read his flight email which said that one of the flights was not reserved. So I had to manage that while driving to the airport in terrible weather. It was raining heavily, a ton of car accidents and police cars and traffic. We got to the airport 15 mins too late to check in and he missed his flight. To make matters worse, he was drinking the whole way there. After he spent the car ride expressing his disappointment in me, he stumbled out of the car and left a ton of empty bottles in my car and two bottles of his piss. Now, he s giving me the cold shoulder while claiming we are fine. I don t think he will forgive me. I asked him flat out if he wanted to break up and then, he said if I wanted to break up he would be cool with it. That sounds like someone who is done right? Should just end it?

lunar, why the H*** are you worried about him forgiving you?? He should be the one begging forgiveness from you!

He sounds horrible!!

I think once you come to the realization that even if you bowed down and kissed his feet, that you will never make him happy (or any man like him), that he will always always flip it back on you to justify his anger and hate -- you will find it easier to let go and move on.

And YES!! Him telling you if you broke up with him he would be cool with it, is your cue to get the hell out of there, now, today. ASAP..

He is done but so should you be!!

I'm sorry. :(

So your verbiage is incredibly telling to me.

It’s full of venom.

We get tons of women and men who truly do not see how badly they’re being treated and they come here for clarity you’re presenting yourself in that manner but you see clear as day that he’s a piece of whatever so why ask?

End it already. Have a bash session with your girlfriends with some wine and let it all out.

BUT of what you’re doing is villainizing him because you’re mad and you plan to go right back... you’re doing yourself a huge disservice. Again what confuses me is your clarity, you’re bad mouthing him more than we are!!! Why ask?

You also pointed out you brought up breaking up with him before you dropped him off and he said he didn’t really care so are you trying to plan a preemptive strike because you’re scared he’s gonna leave you?

Methinks you’re angry and a bit manic. That’s not to say if things are truly this bad you shouldn’t leave you should 100% don’t pass go. my concern is you’ve been here before and you go right back.

Firstly, on you end, its about boundaries. Why were you booking the flight for him for some event you are not going to with him?

Secondly, if you are allowing him to relinquish his duties and have you research the flights, I think its disengenous to send someone information about a flight, it be the wrong day, and then say its their fault for not double-reading it. he trusted that if you did it, you would send him only the flight that would be the one to book.

That being said, I think he's a bit of a heel. And i think you should dump him because he's a drunk.

So in the future, set a boundary and don't be anyone else's travel agent or secretary. If you do - be careful to send them the right info and third = stop dating crybabies. if the budget is that tight, why does one need to go to a sporting event?

Next time do not be anyone's mommy, secretary, maid, travel agent, chauffeur, etc. It attracts lazy entitled jerks like this. Act as an equal not as a servant. You need to ask yourself why you were babying him. He can't book a flight or arrange his own transportation? Don't treat men like spoiled teenagers.

My boyfriend had me book a flight to Vegas last minute for a major sporting event. my boyfriend wanted me to print his tickets which I forgot to do because I was juggling so much.

Archived