LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wondering why you were ghosted?

Wondering why you were ghosted?

I have read so many stories on here about someone feeling they had a great first date or even a great few dates, only to be ghosted and to have no idea what went wrong or what happened.

Now I can't say that 100% this article is true for everyone out there, but it does give people something to think about and maybe consider if it's what happened to you.
    I personally feel the woman in this article is very selfish. She is using people for her own purposes and ego boost. IT'S WRONG. So please don't take the message from this article as something you should do.
    Don't use people!!
    Don't waste their time and get their hopes up for your own selfishness!!
    I am ONLY sharing this story so those out there wondering what they did wrong or why they are abandoned so they can see that there may be another possibility.

This story isn't just for those who are on their first dates either. It could be that you got involved with a married man or woman who needed validation or an ego boost so they will date you with the promise that they want to divorce, but will never actually go through with it or drag it on and on. Or end up telling you they can't see you working out after all.
    They want you to make them feel wanted for a time being but at the end of the day, go home to their partner or move on with their life on their own.

They know what they're doing and it's incredibly wrong. According to this article, the percentage of people doing this is quite high.
    So all of those out there online dating...beware.

[Register to see the link]

Platinum Member
    This is disgusting on her part. I didnít feel I owed a stranger or someone I went out with a few times an explanation. For. Lot of my dating life it would have meant calling and reaching the person to tell them or later an email or instant message. I didnít have a cell phone until I was 42 and married. I never minded silence after an early date with someone. I much preferred it to the flowery ďyouíre so amazing but Iím not feeling it ď e-mail. This article did make me wonder if a few guys I had first meets with were taken. I believe one was. His mother put a personal ad in a paper for him because she didnít approve of his girlfriend. She chose me and I met her son for dinner. I didnít know about the girlfriend till we met. Anyway I hope karma comes to the woman in this article.

Yes, not saying this article covers the case for every person out there who is ghosted, but it could be a reason for some.

I know some people will date and one of them just won't see it going anywhere. But then who knows? It might be someone who is already taken and looking for an ego boost.

I agree that the woman in this article is selfish, selfish, selfish. It angered me how she used men who did her no harm.

Platinum Member
    She is awful. So are all of the other attention seekers!

She is awful. So are all of the other attention seekers!
    I agree! But it did make me wonder how many women or men do this kind of thing. Lots of stories on here with people going on dates that they thought went really well, only to never hear from them again.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    I agree! But it did make me wonder how many women or men do this kind of thing. Lots of stories on here with people going on dates that they thought went really well, only to never hear from them again.
    I bet there are many.

Thanks for posting.

Platinum Member
    Sherry, I read a similar story about a man in a committed relationship who did the same thing.

Except he would continue dating them! For an ego boost, boredom whatever.

He dated them until they started pushing for more, he told them he could not/did not want to give more, and they dumped him.

Here's the kicker. He discussed one woman he fell hard for; he did not expect to, he expected to use her like the others, for ego boost.

But he developed real feelings for her, fell in love with her!

But he could not leave his long term committed relationship/girlfriend, so he up and ghosted her!!

Said he hated doing it but couldn't face her. Decided it was best to simply ghost.

He stopped using women after that.

Kat, omg. I can't believe people actually do this.

This article was an eye opener for me. I have heard or even been contacted by married men on dating sites looking for something on the side (they got immediately blocked), but I had no idea that others would "date" and use others like this.

It's a very sad realization.

Platinum Member
    This brings to mind a woman I met on a site like this many years ago. We became friends, she lived in Kentucky.

She was in a relationship but it was not exclusive. She wanted it to be but her bf did not. So she settled for what he could give and continued dating others guys, which was her right as they weren't exclusive.

Only problem was she did not like any of these other men she dated! Not even a little.

She admitted she did not nor would she ever have feelings for any of these other men, but she liked their attention, free dinners, free whatever they chose to buy her!!

Which is just as bad as the woman in your story imo. Using men for self-serving purposes and taking their money and gifts to boot!

Needless to say, she is no longer my friend.

I have heard of a similar story.

This guy I knew told me he had dated a woman who went out for dinner with him a few times, asked him for car rides, even went to the movies a few times with him.
    He was confused as to how she was feeling since she kept texting him and showing interest but didn't act romantically. So he asked her if it would turn into a serious relationship.
    She admitted that she had no interest in him romantically but that she wanted to get out of the house now and then on someone else's dime!!

Yep, it takes all kinds *shaking my head*

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice