Is telling my guy friend i love him weird?

harmin15

Hi

Any advice will be appreciated!

Me and my friend over a month ago had an argument over my social media activities (Yes very trivial lol ). I had followed his cousin by mistake on a instagram account and he found out. He told me to leave him alone and not been in touch for a month.

I did a disgusting thing and lied to him about it, bearing in mind he knows when I'm lying even about the smallest of things. I ended up telling him the truth about everything and why I did it, told him i was sorry. I told him i only ever cared about him, loved him more than I show and only ever wanted to make him happy. Is it weird to say those things to a friend?

Going back a month, I had told him I had feelings for him. So I'm just worried that my apology message will weird him out. When I said I love him it was out of a friend context.

Our friendship was very much intense. We did everything together, including matching hair colours, matching clothes etc.

Any advice would be welcome

Thanks

The whole dynamic of this friendship sounds weird, not just that you told him you love him.

Why does he care if you followed his cousin? Why did you apologize for doing so?

And why the heck do you two match your clothes and hair colour?

He sounds strange and controlling.

Why does he care if you followed his cousin? Why did you apologize for doing so?

Agreed. This is weirder than "I love you."

If you go out of your way to match his hair color and his clothes, then he already knows that you love him. So, it's no big deal to say it out loud.

Did he feel you were becoming stalker-like? That's what I'm reading between the lines. Ultra-close male/female friendships like this usually happen when people are young, but the friendship usually changes, evolves, fades, and might even end as the next stage of adulthood usually entails a serious romantic partnership and the person doesn't have as much time as they did in the past for the opposite sex friend, or careers, college, or family obligations take up a lot of the spare time that used to be spent with the bestie.

Real friends who care work on their problems to retain the friendship, unless it was a dealbreaker problem. He hasn't reached out to you in a month so either of those reasons likely apply to your situation.

I think the only thing you can do is to learn from your mistakes so you can be a better friend to anyone in the future. If you find yourself being obsessive with anybody, it's time to seek therapy, as that will drive anyone away. Leave him alone because if you reach out after the behavior you displayed, he will just see it as more stalking behavior.

Archived