LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My girlfriend has been at a frat with her friends till the morning

My girlfriend has been at a frat with her friends till the morning

Hey guys, hopefully someoneís out there who can help with my problem. Me and my girlfriend have been on and off since junior year of high school. We dated for a year in high school until I broke things off. She didnít take it to well. We ended getting back together after a few months later after she was relentless in getting back together and that ultimately made me realize how much I love her. We started college and she joined a sorority. She started going to frat parties and stuff but I was ok with it. She rarely even went to parties because she only wanted to be with me and spend time with me.

FAST FORWARD
    The past week sheís been depressed cause of how much school work sheís had and how she failed a class last semester. That caused her to be distant from me for a few days. But that didnít stop her from going to frat parties and stuff. The past 4 nights sheís been at a frat house with her friends cause theyre friends with the guys at a certain house. This causes me to only think sheís seeing someone else. It wasnít till yesterday after constant neglect and avoiding where she told me she wanted a break. I agree after I told her If a break is what she needs to be happy then Iím willing to, cause I only care about her well being. Iím currently not taking the break too good and itís causing me to stay up late night and canít do hw. And right now sheís at a frat house still and itís 5am... but at the same time I want to trust her cause this a girl who values honesty above all and she told me she wasnít planning on hooking up with anyone during this break.

Sorry to hear this. Do you go to the same college? How do you know she's at these frat parties all the time? Are you enjoying your college life?

Platinum Member
    Iím sorry OP, but I think you need to brace yourself for a breakup.

Why are they even staying at this frat house for days on end? Are you sure her sorority sisters are even with her? That doesnít make a lot of sense to me. The timing of the break is quite coincidental, considering where sheís been staying recently. It doesnít look good.

We donít go to the same college, Iím in a community to save money and sheís in a university but theyíre both in the same city. We have each other on Find My Friends and I woke up at 4am with a lot of stuff on my mind only to check sheís still there. I would say Iím not enjoying my experience just cause Iíve been spending my time with her and not making an effort to meet new people.

I guess Iím taking it so hard cause it just sucks to see someone youíve bonded with for years go to waste. Itís just causing me a lot of overthinking and anxiety if sheís actually cheating. But at the same time one of the things sheís vowed to never do is cheat on someone since sheís been cheated on before.

Originally Posted by Twoodley
    Me and my girlfriend have been on and off since junior year of high school.
    If there was ever a sign that a relationship is not meant to last it is one that is descibed as being 'On and Off.'

So, as others have said, brace yourself, as the end is likely nigh for this to be finally over. And, while this may seem like a bad thing now, after some time and on meeting someone new in a relationship that is stable, you will understand why.
    But, I know you want to hold out for this to sort itself out, but usually a break is the first steps in a break-up. She is already hanging with other guys on a regular basis, and it woud seem, the same other guys.

Originally Posted by Twoodley
    I guess Iím taking it so hard cause it just sucks to see someone youíve bonded with for years go to waste. Itís just causing me a lot of overthinking and anxiety if sheís actually cheating. But at the same time one of the things sheís vowed to never do is cheat on someone since sheís been cheated on before.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if she's staying at frat houses for days on end, she's likely cheating on you. In my freshman year of college, I knew a group of girls that would stay until the end of frat parties just to give head to the president of the fraternity. Gross and probably a pang to your heart to hear, I know, but it's likely time to mentally divorce yourself from this relationship. You deserve better.

Yeah Iím just afraid of letting go because sheís the only girl Iíve ever committed to. Not to boost my ego, but I got around girls pretty good but sheís the one that convinced myself to commit. And just the thought of some other guy banging my girlfriend makes me go crazy. I think itís cause I also see hope because wouldnít she have just broke up with me If doesnít feel the same anymore. She may seem like a bad person the way Iím describing the scenario but she actually cares and would tell me the truth above all cause she tells me she doesnít want me hurt like how I hurt her when I broke up with her before.

Thatís the thing too, i know my self worth and I know I deserve better but I just donít know how to cope with it. Itís to the point where Iíve been up the past 4 nights till 3-5am and not leaving my house or only eating a small snack the entire day.

Originally Posted by Keyman
    If there was ever a sign that a relationship is not meant to last it is one that is descibed as being 'On and Off.'

So, as others have said, brace yourself, as the end is likely nigh for this to be finally over. And, while this may seem like a bad thing now, after some time and on meeting someone new in a relationship that is stable, you will understand why.
    But, I know you want to hold out for this to sort itself out, but usually a break is the first steps in a break-up. She is already hanging with other guys on a regular basis, and it woud seem, the same other guys.
    Yeah Iím just afraid of letting go because sheís the only girl Iíve ever committed to. Not to boost my ego, but I got around girls pretty good but sheís the one that convinced myself to commit. And just the thought of some other guy banging my girlfriend makes me go crazy. I think itís cause I also see hope because wouldnít she have just broke up with me If doesnít feel the same anymore. She may seem like a bad person the way Iím describing the scenario but she actually cares and would tell me the truth above all cause she tells me she doesnít want me hurt like how I hurt her when I broke up with her before.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice