I couldn’t help but text my ex girlfriend

rayray2018

I couldn’t help but text my ex girlfriend. We broke

Up in January, we talked/ argued a few times after the break up. It would seem like she wanted to talk about things and maybe work them out. She would text me asking how I am or accuse me

Of talking to other girls and then we would argue. This happened a few times and she would

Always end it by either ignoring me or blocking me. The last time it happened I told her “either talk to me or block me, I can’t handle these mind games” she blocked me and has had me blocked since(feb 12). I constantly think about her and how things went wrong when we dated. I thought it was okay to be friends with my ex and she didn’t agree, my ex also texted me saying things that wasn’t cool to my relationship. I later told

My girlfriend and she got upset, I also didn’t tell

Her about my past and bent the truth a little bit because I had hooked up with girls before I met her and wanted to forget. She got upset about these 2 things and it became an occurring issue. I thought she was over reacting. I saw she posted a picture wearing the locket I got her for Christmas and that she still had the flowers I got her from 3 months ago (don’t know if that means anything).I texted her through a text app today telling her I finally understand why she couldn’t let it go and that I am sorry for being dishonest with her and I understand why she left. I would like to work things out with her but if we don’t that’s fine, I just needed to let her know that I understand why she was hurt. Do you think she will want to talk again or not?

You hurt her, disrespected her, lied to her, you dismissed it and she broke up. Now give her time to process and leave her alone.

I thought it was okay to be friends with my ex and she didn’t agree, my ex also texted me saying things that wasn’t cool to my relationship. I later told My girlfriend and she got upset, I also didn’t tell Her about my past and bent the truth a little bit because I had hooked up with girls before I met her and wanted to forget. She got upset about these 2 things and it became an occurring issue

Oof, you have a girlfriend right now? Poor lady. Work on getting over your ex and stop feeding the dysfunctional dynamic. Also, breakup with your current girlfriend. She deserves to be with someone who isn't spending all of their time thinking about how to get their ex back.

No my I just said my current ex is my girlfriend to abbots confusion about my last ex

Oof, you have a girlfriend right now? Poor lady. Work on getting over your ex and stop feeding the dysfunctional dynamic. Also, breakup with your current girlfriend. She deserves to be with someone who isn't spending all of their time thinking about how to get their ex back.

She's way too insecure, and you shouldn't beat yourself up over it. There is a more mature girls out there that know and understands people have a past, and all it's details are no ones business. It's obvious she can't handle it, so you need to move onto better things.

I agree with smackie. It’s unfair of her to be mad at you for having a past, or to think she’s entitled to knowing whatever she wants about your past. You have every right to share what you want, and keep private what you wish to keep private. A mature woman understands and respects that.

Regarding being friends with an ex...I mean, if you really must maintain those friendships, you’re going to have to date ladies who are okay with that. You’ll be limiting yourself quite a bit on your options, but it’s unfair to date a lady knowing that’s a dealbreaker for her but hoping she’ll just change her mind. Either end those friendships, or strictly date women who are okay with exes being friends.

Now with this current ex, I would encourage you to just move on. Anyone who communicates by blocking/unblocking etc. is not someone who is capable of a healthy relationship. It’s truly best to just let those people be. Maybe in a few years, she’ll mature a bit and then you can revisit the relationship. But trying again right now will result in a continued toxic situation and you’ll both end up hating each other. Don’t do that. Appreciate the memories and the lessons she taught you, and head on to the next as a better person for having dated her.

Archived