Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: white lies.

It seems situations like that are what the white lie are for. Sometimes there are no diplomatic answers/words, so it sort of serves as social lubricant in cases like this. The elaboration sounds like nervous fibbing on your bf's part, almost like a kid. It's sort of like ok ok leave well enough alone. There is a happy medium between "I'd rather have root canal that hang out again" and long winded fabrications. Suggest that your bf keep it simple.
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    I told a white lie on Wednesday. After meeting with my boss going over space planning for a large project that went south because of his negligence, I returned to his office 10 minutes later saying I wasnt feeling well and left for the day.

Platinum Member
    I told a white lie on Wednesday. After meeting with my boss going over space planning for a large project that went south because of his negligence, I returned to his office 10 minutes later saying I wasnt feeling well and left for the day.
    Telling him the truth might have cost me my job. So, yes my lie was self serving.
    I think that makes me human.
    Of course!! We all do it. Most times without even realizing it.

Again, back to the movie I referred to earlier "Liar Liar" with Jim Carrey -- super funny movie but a lot of truth (pun intended!) in it.

His son made a wish that his dad (Jim Carrey) told the 100% truth to everyone he came across.

So he did and proceeded to wreak havoc upon himself and others, his whole world began falling apart!

Anyway, it really brought to light how little white lies are often necessary, so yeah I hear ya reinvent.

I personally still prefer the truth but I get it!
    Last edited by katrina1980; 03-02-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    It seems situations like that are what the white lie are for. Sometimes there are no diplomatic answers/words, so it sort of serves as social lubricant in cases like this. The elaboration sounds like nervous fibbing on your bf's part, almost like a kid. It's sort of like ok ok leave well enough alone. There is a happy medium between "I'd rather have root canal that hang out again" and long winded fabrications. Suggest that your bf keep it simple.
    Thx Wiseman

I told a white lie on Wednesday.
    Psychopath!!

(just kidding )

Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Psychopath!!

(just kidding )
    Lol

Having divorced a routine liar i agree with the above, but only to a point. White lies do exist. When i bride asks on her wedding day how she looks, and you honestly hate her dress and veil but smile and say 'You look beautiful, your glowing', well that is a white lie. Or when someone spills a drink during a party on your rug and you reply 'No, it's fine' when in your head your screaming Klutz, i wanred you twice you were going to dump that on my new rug... another white lie.
    I'd tell him it needs to stop, people change. And if it doesn't well, you are right, you are likely not the exception

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Give Advice
Ask For Advice