Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bf suddenly always playing game with his friends

How often do you see each other in person? Are you long distance because of school/work? Besides gaming what else do you do/have in common? Do you interact while apart in terms of videochats, texts, calls, etc. Try to focus on other parts of your relationship.
    Originally Posted by lililiah
    In person and online too. We both play games so we spend a lot of time together playing games or just talking. We do frequent visits to each other and already met each others families.

My issue with the current situation is the sudden change in our relationship dynamic and I felt neglected. I actually ended up talking about this with my bf recently and I think we resolved it in a good way. I explained to him how and why I felt certain ways and he agreed that he's been spending more time with his friends and understands why I felt left out. We both agreed to work on this and I feel pretty good about where I am now. I actually met one of his friends(that he plays game with) in person when we met up so I don't think it's about keeping them as a secret from me.

I sorta get what you meant by "the connection between the two issues" but I need help with what you meant by the bigger context. Are you referring to his desire to keep me away from certain things which can lead to keeping bigger issues?

Platinum Member
    How come you won't answer the questions about how much time you spend with him physically in person?

The answer to that question is key.

Sorry I only had enough time to answer for one reply. We usually meet up once a month for 3-5 days. We live 2 hours flight away from each other and both live with families so it gets too expensive to visit more than that. We do facetime almost everyday and talk(including watching shows and other activities) on the phone/games everyday for a few hours.

Platinum Member
    So you spend about 60 days per year together. Two months total together and 10 months apart.

How long were you together in person before you became long distance?

What plans have you discussed to resolve the distance?

We actually started as long distance since we met while playing video game. I will probably move near him in the future because of my personal situation and better living conditions etc..

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by lililiah

We have great time together both online and in person and I pretty much don't have anything to complain about the relationship.
    What types of things do you do together in person? I hope it involves more than just playing games.

I dunno, these long distance, long term "on line" relationships continue to fascinate me!

I have "interacted" with a couple of men on line who were long distance and I've never met, and it sometimes took more effort to keep it going on line than had we been together in person!

Your energy constantly has to be "up" to keep it fun, thinking up cute retorts so as not to be "boring" or delving into long protracted discussions about various topics -- versus spending time together in person simply chilling!

Sometimes not saying a word, but still saying so much. I love those types of intimate moments with my bf.

OP how do you do this on line? Simply hang back and chill together?? Serious question.

Just my opinion of course, but for one to say on line relationships are lazy or don't require much effort, or as much effort as in person, is not true in my experience.

I could never do it long term, I find they can sometimes be emotionally exhausting, for reasons expressed above, and depending on whom you're interacting with of course.

I recall with one man it was totally fun! I fell hard for him if truth be told. The other it was utterly exhausting.

Anyway, I agree with the others it's only been a week.

Don't be afraid of change or a slight deviation from the "norm."

Remain open and flexible to changing nuances, your bf will appreciate it and it will help prevent your relationship from becoming "same ole/same ole" = mundane and boring.
    Last edited by katrina1980; 03-02-2019 at 01:02 PM.

9. 03-06-2019, 03:36 AM
    Reason
    Spam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice