My boyfriends wants his ex’a Name tattooed

LuckyR

Help! My boyfriend is getting a new tattoo today of his grandmothers name who I adore. The only problem is she has the same name as his ex who I’ve had issues with in the past.. am I wrong for telling him no? Should I be more accepting?

You're wrong for thinking you have the right to tell an adult man what to do.

Why do you feel insecure about this ex of his?

The only problem is she has the same name as his ex who I’ve had issues with in the past.. am I wrong for telling him no? Should I be more accepting?

This is stage 5 clinger behavior! I hope you use good judgment but if you decide to say something anyway, don't be surprised if he leaves a man shaped hole in the wall as he runs screaming from the room.

I would also have a problem with my boyfriend getting the name of his ex tattooed onto his body. I mean, getting anyone's name tattooed on your body is pretty stupid in my opinion. The grandmother story seems sort of unlikely to me. Were they really close? I guess I'm not a huge fan of tattoos in general, though. They are 95% tacky from what I can tell, and hardly stand the test of time.

Anyways, you can't tell a grown man what he can do with his body. You can express a firm opinion and be honest about why it bothers you, but at the end of the day, it's still his choice. Live with it or break up with him.

I'd likewise find it tacky, but if I were to ever tattoo a woman's name onto my body, it would be my grandmother much, much sooner than any of my exes, even those I remember fondly.

I don't care if it's a tattoo, piercing, haircut, spray tan, or socks with sandals. I'd never police or so much as express a firm opinion against how my partner harmlessly chooses to present herself, and most certainly not when it involves her grandparent's name.

He wants his grandmother's name tattooed NOT his ex's. Imo, you are being unreasonable. His body, his choice. Making him cater your insecurities like that is a sure way to push him away. And in any case, if his ex is actually an issue, then the tattoo is the least of your worries.

I think you are over reacting. You adore his grandma, this is the reason he’s getting that name tattooed. Did he say by the way it’s my ex’s name too? Or did you just automatically remember that and think of this in your head?

He says it’s for his grandma...that’s why he’s getting it. No other reason. You adore the grandma...then you should be fine with it.

No reason to be upset

Archived