Dealing with dominant people? (Continuing from previous thread)

jellybean2018

So, this woman has decided to move (yeay!) (shes going to her families in another state) but she was messaging, saying she is leaving and that she has no money and is struggling here. I wished her well and said I hope she would find somewhere she is happy as she wasn't happy here.

She then messaged basically stating she has no friends no job etc and that it is my fault! I was like ?? ?? ?? but did not reply to that message.

She turns up at the gym and I ignored her, just getting on with my routine, then she starts acting like a dominant alpha ape or dog, being over the top nice and making sure to get in with all conversations etc after the gym session when we have coffee. I just up n went because I had work.

Its a shame but im going to stop socializing after gym till she leaves. The poor woman she doesn't like who is doing 10km round trip to pick her up and drop her off said its a shame we have fallen out and has tried to make me speak to her as she is 'lonely' but after these messages, no way. I wish this woman knew what had been said about her numerous times but i decided it would cause unnecessary hurt if she is leaving next week.

I find it weird how shes started being very dominating by being overly nice now, like to staff members she says she hates or are bullies, then to that woman. Its just weird.

Luckily its coming to an end very soon!

No, I do not. However, this is a unique situation I have not come across before. So... I reached out for advice on this forum :)

Its a forum where people come with allsorts of unique situations, so this is why I post here. I know its a lot of energy, I was more interested in how people deal with dominant displays.

I suffer from anxiety and OCD, so I find these situations difficult to deal with, so its interesting to see others viewpoints and perspectives on things :)

No, I do not. However, this is a unique situation I have not come across before. So... I reached out for advice on this forum :)

Its a forum where people come with allsorts of unique situations, so this is why I post here. I know its a lot of energy, I was more interested in how people deal with dominant displays.

I suffer from anxiety and OCD, so I find these situations difficult to deal with, so its interesting to see others viewpoints and perspectives on things :)

I did not realize that you suffered from OCD and anxiety. I now understand.

Can't you block and ignore this woman?

I could @hollyj but I feel mean in doing so, she is leaving soon. Its also a small community here in canada... so its tricky as I don't want to come across as a biatch!

I love my time, as its good for my mental health and feel I cannot go because of the stress it is causing.

She just sent a really long message after ignoring her saying its my fault shes leaving, basically saying mean things about me and saying im mean etc, saying I was her only friend and I said I would give her lifts then turned my back on her, then asking me if i want to meet up and if i value the friendship i would.

I think I will take solace in my home gym till this storm passes :)

I havent replied to the messages the past few days.

I wonder why folk are like this :(

It's very clear she's a manipulator. Much better boundaries are your only recourse. Including delete and block as well as avoidance and quick departure if she nears you. You should not be encouraging her by having coffee with her.

making sure to get in with all conversations etc after the gym session when we have coffee.
I could @hollyj but I feel mean in doing so, she is leaving soon. Its also a small community here in canada... so its tricky as I don't want to come across as a biatch!

I love my time, as its good for my mental health and feel I cannot go because of the stress it is causing.

She just sent a really long message after ignoring her saying its my fault shes leaving, basically saying mean things about me and saying im mean etc, saying I was her only friend and I said I would give her lifts then turned my back on her, then asking me if i want to meet up and if i value the friendship i would.

She is manipulative and this is why she has no friends. That is why I was suggesting you block and delete, just as everyone else has. Time to look after yourself and time to establish boundaries and cut it off! Block and delete.

You have no one else to blame by continuing contact- Don't care if it is a small town. You are purposely allowing and engaging in drama.

They are born that way. Thing is that they pick on people like you not because they are dominant, they aren't, but they are manipulative and perceptive and can smell someone who can be pushed around a mile away. She is pushing you around and trying to manipulate you because you are so afraid to be "mean", you've completely lost the concept of self defense. When someone is attacking you, self defense is not only appropriate but the correct action to take. In this case, you block her and that's your self defense.

As for what others think.....don't you think that most sane people can see she is psycho? Anyway, you should worry less about others and more about your own sanity and peace of mind.

I have blocked :) I feel sad about it, that its come to this... but the more I research, the more I realise, she is a narcissist. Nothing I nor anyone does or says will pacify her. She obviously doesn't like me by what shes told me I am, so I think this decision is justified, to move on peacefully and not be told I am at fault anymore :)

I have blocked :) I feel sad about it, that its come to this... but the more I research, the more I realise, she is a narcissist. Nothing I nor anyone does or says will pacify her. She obviously doesn't like me by what shes told me I am, so I think this decision is justified, to move on peacefully and not be told I am at fault anymore :)

Good, and her behavior has zero to do with 'liking' you or not. She only 'likes' people she can manipulate. The minute you don't give her what she wants, she pulls the blame game. Skip that, she's a druggie--and by definition that makes her a user of people as well. And look where it's gotten her.

Your concerns about what people think of you will get you into trouble until you can recognize that people's thoughts are not yours to control--and it's a sign of maturity when you can be okay with the fact that none of us are everyone's cup of tea.

The 'disease to please' attracts bottom feeders because they recognize suckers who want to be liked. Try reconciling with yourself that it's perfectly fine for people to exist who don't like you--because you can screen them out of your life, so they don't matter.

Head high, and recognize that your self-respecting step to block this woman has spared you from getting sucked in any further should her plans fall apart. You dodged a bullet.

Archived