Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

The Daily Mews

hidden_kitten

Naff journal title but wanted something more interesting than “2019...”

It’s almost March already!

I’m still in rubbish hometown, still in my two rubbish jobs. Not happy with the schedule, or the work I do at either.

Job 1 is still dull as dishwater customer service work. I have no interest in managing a team or a store so moving up in the obvious routes doesn’t appeal. There may be other roles that I can look into but I haven’t put in the time/motivation to do that yet.

Job 2 feels like a sitcom every shift I walk into. Like an episode of Fawlty Towers where everything goes wrong and anything I do to fix it makes it worse! Trying to see the funny side but it’s not what I want from the role and is keeping me stuck in this town.

The good news I can report is that I’ve been seeing someone since December and it feels very nice. Not used to using the word boyfriend yet. We had a night away during the weekend that followed Valentines Day and he said he was falling for me 😶. He has a young son that I’ve not met yet...we’re waiting until the summer to do that when it feels more appropriate. I’m definitely nervous about that - I have no experience with kids apart from my baby nephew (who loves anybody he sets eyes on)!

Procrastinating on some freelance work that I should never have accepted knowing my schedule and current work ethic. Can’t wait to be shot of it, get paid and refuse anything like that going forward.

• 3 weeks later...

Urgh. I’m hating my 2nd job right now. Can’t say too much in detail incase it identifies me but there was an incident at a show tonight that I should have been able to deal with but the reality is I was caught off guard and ran around like a headless chicken trying to fix it. Part of my excuse is that I haven’t been given thorough training in what to do in such a situation, so while I was trying to make a decision some other people just made things worse!

I don’t know what to do. My immediate reaction is just to hand in my notice and say “sorry, not for me”. But the prouder side wants to struggle through and possibly have one success by the end of this stupid stint. One thing’s for sure - I never want to run a theatre.

Love life update - still with SH (the man mentioned previously). Should be seeing him tomorrow, eve though I’m ill and should probably decline. I have warned him though.

Nephew update - still growing at a rate of knots. Still has a new ailment every time I see him and is probably the source of all the bugs I come down with right now. Got him new shirts, books and colouring pens for his first birthday.

• 2 weeks later...

Got seen by a doctor by just walking into the health centre and telling the receptionist that I would just sit and wait for the first available appointment that came up. Waited about 45 mins I think. I’ve not used the practice since I moved back here 4 years (!) ago, so didn’t recognise any of the GPs listed on the wall. The woman I saw is still in training to become a fully fledged GP but she seemed personable and listened so I’ve latched onto her and booked in for another visit re anxiety problems later in April. Meanwhile she couldn’t find any gland swelling and my lungs sounded clear. I’m getting bloods taken this week just to rule anything out.

Counting down the weeks until one of my job finishes, but know I need to muster the motivation to send applications out. I hate my CV though, just confirms how little I’ve achieved the past few years and I don’t know how to make it more appealing.

Archived