Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I message her on Facebook?

Should I message her on Facebook?

I work in retail and this cute girl came to the counter to exchanged some transmission fluid. I helped her out getting the right fluid for her car. She told me she wants to learn to do basic maintenance on her car and she was asking me questions about what jack and stands to buy and where to place them. Its great she's into cars just like me.

I was going to tell her that I get off in a few hours and I'd be happy to show where to place the Jack and stands under the car. I didn't get that chance because my boss came to me and said I had to go to the counter because there's a line of customers.

I rang her out at the register and she wanted to be a rewards member and I signed her up. She left with a smile and said thank you for all your help. I wish I had that chance to ask her out, only if I didn't get interrupted by my boss.

I looked her up and she's on Facebook and also she enjoys the outdoors and nature just like me and her status is single. My question is should I send her a message? Or is that being a creep? I don't know what she will think? What do you think I should do? Thanks

It could one of two ways.

She's thrilled that you went to the trouble to find her, or she's creeped out that you went through the trouble to find her.
    But I think you are already weighing these two.

I vote no, but I'm not her.

Considering your circumstance, I think this could be a good first step

I say go for it.

no that would be creepy...
    let's hope she comes to the store next time and MAKE SURE YOU ASK HER OUT...
    or if she provided any info to the store (email hopefully) you can reach out to somethign she DID provide as a "follow up" and ask how things are doing and that if she wanted some lessons you are "free this upcoming....." and can plan to meet her to go voer some "basic things"...

but DON'T blind side her unexpectedly... that's immediate grounds for flunking out with a female.

I would be totally creeped out if some guy did that to me, so no, dont do it!

Platinum Member
    I think it's really risky as far as your job -you're using her name for personal reasons and it's my understanding as a customer that the store is not going to use my information other than for a rewards program.

Platinum Member
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say do it.

As a female, I'd be flattered by this, and I'd probably give you a chance.

I've had similar things happen like this, and while I didn't always go out with the guy, it definitely flattered me enough that I gave it a shot.

I'll tell you the strangest story like this, that happened to me. LSS: I did go out with him, and while he was a lovely guy, there wasn't enough chemistry to continue:

So.....I was in traffic court on a speeding ticket, but the officer who wrote my ticket hadn't shown. Another officer walked over and started asking me some information. He took my ticket and went to the computer. He came back and said it looked like my officer wasn't going to show, so I was free to leave....and they dismissed the ticket.

About a week later, I received a letter in the mail.....yes snail mail! This was about 20 years ago. From the officer who dismissed me. It was almost 2 pages, basically asking me out, in a clumsy sort of way. Turned out, he was a young widower, his wife had died of cancer, and he was raising his daughter. Sounds pretty scam-like to write it out now, but this was pre-internet, and I was much more trusting. He enclosed his "officer" business card and said that if I liked, I could call him, but that he'd leave that in my court. So, I called, and we had a date. Turned out to be totally on the up & up. Very nice, we had Mexican food, but just....no chemistry for me.

Funniest thing....when he arranged the date, he said he'd pick me up at 7:00pm. I started to tell him where I lived and how to get there (remember, pre-internet, pre-Waze), he goes, "Um, I got it". Duh....of course....being a police officer!

Here's the thing: I never for a moment viewed this as creepy, but instead, as super sweet. I still have that letter.

Another quick one: I got a note on my car one day from a guy who apparently rode the same park & ride bus as I did, basically asking me out. He was super cute, and we went out a few times.

OK one more....I got a Facebook friend request from a doctor who is technically a client, but with whom I barely work. As in, I've only met him very briefly. I accepted the request, thinking it was odd, and then I got a Messenger from him, asking me out. I politely declined, but only because he's technically a client, and this is business. Otherwise, I'd have said yes.

I say, go for it.

If I used a customers details for reasons other then work I would get fired, I think itís the same in most occupations. I would think very carefully before doing that for the sake of your job.

Platinum Member
    Edited - if you do want to do that I'd get approval from a supervisor (no I personally wouldn't have the nerve to ask but it depends on your relationship with your supervisor). This is a rewards program and if word gets out that employees are using the information for any other reason it could jeopardize the program especially today with all the credit card hacking going on, etc.

Guys this poster posts every few months or so about being a kissless virgin and he asks obscure questions, Im assuming to be discouraged so he can continue on with the status quo... he never actually goes through with any of his ideas...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice