Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I message her on Facebook?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by iwishiknew
    It's been weeks and haven't seen her at the store. After reading all the comments, I agree messaging her on Facebook isn't good and is creepy. It sucks for me because opportunities like this rarely happens.
    That's the thing though, OP. There wasn't really an opportunity.

In her mind, you were a customer she was trying to help. That's all. An opportunity would be more along the lines of her having struck up more conversation, or hinting she'd like to get to know you better. I think you misread the situation because you found her attractive.

Do you have much opportunity to socialize around women? Community clubs or teams, local events, and so on? You're more likely to have luck meeting a like-minded woman in that setting rather than her workplace in which it's difficult to approach her.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    That's the thing though, OP. There wasn't really an opportunity.

In her mind, you were a customer she was trying to help. That's all. An opportunity would be more along the lines of her having struck up more conversation, or hinting she'd like to get to know you better. I think you misread the situation because you found her attractive.

Do you have much opportunity to socialize around women? Community clubs or teams, local events, and so on? You're more likely to have luck meeting a like-minded woman in that setting rather than her workplace in which it's difficult to approach her.
    I've joined many clubs in the past and that didn't work. There were girls but many were either to young or to old or already had a bf. There was one girl that I was interested in but she wasn't interested in me. But I do go to the park and forest preserve just about every single day.

Platinum Member
    I've joined many clubs in the past and that didn't work. There were girls but many were either to young or to old or already had a bf. There was one girl that I was interested in but she wasn't interested in me. But I do go to the park and forest preserve just about every single day.
    That makes no sense "that didn't work" - meaning fine, it didn't work in the past with those particular clubs but that doesn't mean you write off an entire way to meet new people. That's great that you go to the park and forest preserve. How many people do you interact with in a social way when you are there?

Platinum Member
    Let it go. Yes, that's creepy.

The forest perserve and park, I dont think is a good place to meet girls. All the girls I always see have headphones on and they don't make eye contact when I look at them. I do say hi and make eye contact, with no response. I'm assuming they can't hear me with the headphones but I doubt it. Or majority of them are zoned out in nature.

Platinum Member
    You don't join a club --- scope it out, see that there are no women you are interested in and leave. You choose clubs and meetups you are genuinely interested in and stay there -- members come and go, people get to know you and after a time who knows -- someone may introduce you to their sister or friend. But no one meets anyone after just two or three meetings. I volunteer for something that has quarterly events. There was a core group that i was not initially in. Over time, i tended to only see people leading up to the event, but after a few years, i was part of the core group, got a job reference from someone, etc, and introduced my friend to someone in the group and i know people whose kids became friends beause of it. The more people that get to know you, the better. If you genuinely want to be there vs only want to be there to meet women, then its better.

But i know you will disregard this and tell us all why you will never meet anyone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice