online dating and meeting security

Hammy55

Hi online dating is new to me.. is there any merit to meetupID or any similar ID card that some ladies have requested? I have burned out credit cards due to attempst to get these things in attempts to verify my identity... Who the heck else can I be? at 57 I guess im old fashioned and there is justifiable paranoia out there

:upset:

Don't spend money on this nonsense. If a woman won't date you without this, move on. Reasonable women will be comfortable meeting you in a public place like Starbucks or the coffee shop inside a Barnes and Nobles, etc. And don't spend more money than a cup of coffee costs for a first meet up. When I did OLD, 9 out of 10 times, the first date never led to a second. You will be going broke if you're shelling out a lot of money on an unknown.

I have never heard of such a thing, and frankly, if a lady can't or won't meet you in a public and populated location, move on to the next. How unsafe is Starbucks or Native?

Yes, same. And I had no cell phone when I did this -now there's the added security of being able to contact someone if there's an issue.

What ladies have requested this? What sites are you using? Don't you have a driver's license or passport? Why would your identity be difficult to verify? "Meetup ID" is a known scam. The "ladies requesting this" are scambots seeking to steal money and your identity. Report this site.

If you are new to online dating read up on online scams like this one and romance scams. All you need to do is get recent pics and a well written profile on a reputable (paid) site and start messaging and meeting women for coffee. Never give out info to identity thieves like this.

is there any merit to meetupID or any similar ID card that some ladies have requested? I have burned out credit cards due to attempst to get these things in attempts to verify my identity.

Send a brief but not robotic opening message, wait for a response. Then respond with brief chitchat, at that time determine whether you want to meet up or not. If so find out where, when, what day, place, time, etc. would be best also be open to drinks/something else inexpensive and brief. Go to her area and of course in public. Text a bit prior to meeting but do not text too much. Make sure your pics are recent/clear and your profile/description are upbeat, pleasant, truthful.

There does seem to be a resistance to coffee, probably just not enough repeat texting/messaging to develop trust etc.
Thanks buddy I appreciate this, it makes sense. There does seem to be a resistance to coffee, probably just not enough repeat texting/messaging to develop trust etc.

Cheers Steve

It's already been said, but I'll emphasize this again - sane, reasonable women who are serious about finding someone and are in a healthy place to date will be happy to meet up for a quick coffee in a public place.

Women who refuse, try to make you jump through loops and hoops, give you the third degree without knowing you, etc., are people you want to stay away from. Yes, a lot of damaged goods online, so better have thick skin and patience to weed through a whole lot of trash. Exchanging a few light e-mails and requesting a meet is actually a really good way to weed out the crazies and the scammers. If they refuse to meet like a sane person, delete and keep talking to others. OLD is a numbers game and finding true quality matches takes some perseverance.

If you continue to approach OLD with this idea that you have to prove yourself to these poor damsels in distress, you are going to get yourself scammed badly.

Archived