Long distance dating?

NYCBrooklyn

So, me and a guy have been dating for about 2 months not but due to me moving away in January for a couple months and only coming back for 2 weeks in February we’ve only been on 6 actual dates. But he said he wants to wait and see me when I’m back ect.

He said he wants to ‘exclusively see me’ and see me when I’m home. Im just unsure, like we get on really well and have a laugh I’m just worried that I stop dating and come home for him to have said ‘oh I’ve found someone else’? I know it’s very early days... dating is so confusing!!

6 dates in 8 weeks is not horrible actually. thats pretty good.

as far as the exclusivity card - yeah i guess he wouldn't be the first one ever to ask for exclusivity after 6 dates in 2 months. That you are LDR kinda throws a wrench into that one.

i would see how it goes with him when you see him in town again and go with your gutt and heart - is it somethig you feel you want to be exclusive at or are you not quite sure yet? If not quite sure and you do want to see other options - EXPLORE other options then. Until you mutually declare exclusivity and get to the point - "dating" is understood that either could be seeing multiple folks until they decide on somebody to be exclusive with.

Never worry about "if they mght find somethig else" and let fear steer you. Do what feels right. Do what your gutt tells you. Do what your heart tells you. And yes sometimes do what your head tells you (although the head can be the most mixed up thing cuz we over-analyze things - instincts are far more reliable than over-analytical heads).

If it feels right to exclusivity - do ti.

If it doesn't. don't.

If he leaves over it - so be it.

If you did it right on your end and he decides to be a bum - so be it - not your fault.

Dating is as much doing it RIGHT on your side and getting better. Don't let the people who do it "wrong" get to you and make you do it wrong just to play even or save yourself. taht's not how you get better and find the best relationship ultimately.

Your post is a bit unclear. When exactly will you return to where he lives for good? If you mean it's only 2 months, I'd risk foregoing dating anyone else since that time period is a blink of an eye in the scheme of things, and he sounds like a good prospect. Nobody has a crystal ball, unfortunately, to know if things will work out for you or not. Listen to your brain and your gut and your heart all combined.

Why would you want to date in a place that you will temporarily be in for 90 more days? The guy in your hometown seems like he's into you. I'd take a risk with him. Always have a fulfilling life besides having a boyfriend and even though it would be upsetting if a break up happened, you will survive and move on. It's better to be hopeful of the good things that could happen versus living in a state of fear.

Archived