I only did no contact with my ex girlfriend for 10 days but I broke it because it was my birthday and my co workers/ friends kept asking if I’m doing anything, if I’m going to see her. And I caved and texted her but she didn’t respond. I’m going to go no contact again for at least 30 days this time, just wonder if it’s a lost cause. she broke up with me and has been very confusing and all over the place since.

No contact should be done permanently and with the intention of healing and moving on. Online gurus who advise that you use no contact for a certain amount of time to spark pain and longing in your ex are selling a manipulative, and frankly, ineffective program to make money. While you did not provide enough details for me to know whether your ex is even considering giving the relationship a second chance, your current mindset of trying to coerce her into coming back tells me that probably the chance is slim to none.

Also, she didn't respond to your attempt to reach out, so your "decision" to go no contact isn't really a decision at all. I suppose you could barrage her with numerous desperate texts, but it would likely result in a restraining order. Why don't you stop scheming and instead make a concerted effort to get over her? Relationships usually end for a good reason and when you're not swimming in breakup pain, the reasons will become clearer.

Why did she break up with you?

If she didn't respond to you on your birthday, I don't see the point in trying to contact her again in 30 days.

Because all those "get your ex back, guaranteed!!!" scams insist your ex will come running back after 30 days of no contact.

OP, those scams don't work. I hope you didn't give them any money.

Because all those "get your ex back, guaranteed!!!" scams insist your ex will come running back after 30 days of no contact.

OP, those scams don't work. I hope you didn't give them any money.

Yes, most of those gurus suggest a 30 day no contact period. If she has decided she doesn't want to be with him anymore and if she didn't answer to his "birthday message", no amount of manipulation (yes, manipulation) will work and unnecessary pain will be caused when she doesn't answer in 30 days and that will back track the healing progress.

I agree with everyone that no contact is to heal and move on and not to manipulate exes that decided to break up into coming back.

OP, Do a youtube search for tthe Dating Guy video : Why the 30-Day No Contact Rule is a Lie

There are a couple of others there that might help you, starting with his deconstruction of the slick sales techniques of the ex-back "experts" selling false hope.

There a few of those and he might have roasted some "expert" you have been looking at.

Archived