Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBD oil and anxiety

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared

CBD oil and anxiety

Has anyone where CBD oil is legal tried it for anxiety?

It is still in the experimental stages of what this chemical can do. It affects people differently, so the only way to know is to try it. My experience is to eat bananas. They are a natural way to take the edge off anxiety...even helps with sleep.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am not talking about average anxiety though. I am talking about PTSD driven anxiety where my medication no longer works. I have had therapies up the wazoo. I have always been an anxious person since my birth made a thousand times worse by repeat severe trauma. My anxiety now affects even my blood pressure over the past four years . Iím not sure a banana a day is going to affect that .

I haven't tried it myself but I have researched it. It was something we looked into for mom initially, when she was told she had terminal cancer. We wanted to offer her every option. She chose not to go that route. I did hear a lot of accounts of people it helped. It's still controversial for a lot of people. I'd like to see the clinical research go into it. Once that happens, maybe more people can benefit by it and some of the stigma and misunderstandings erased.

I don't know anyone that takes it for anxiety but my cousin has Lupus and she has started taking it for pain. She feels so much better since being on it. Pain is less, she is sleeping better and she is able to do more physically.

Why not just try it and see how it affects you? My Cuz went to her family doctor who wrote her a prescription and she saw a dispensing practitioner where she gets her instructions and the product filled. (apparently its almost impossible to order it online in the Ontario Cannabis Site.)

I live in California, where itís legal and everywhere and everyone seems to swear by it.

I use it occasionally (in honey, in a kind of breath spray) and find it mellows me out a bit.

But Iím honestly not sure if itís real or a placebo affect since itís so, so mild. Good news is there is zero psychoactive side to itózeroóso itís not like you have to fear being ďtoo highĒ or anything like that.

Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    I haven't tried it myself but I have researched it. It was something we looked into for mom initially, when she was told she had terminal cancer. We wanted to offer her every option. She chose not to go that route. I did hear a lot of accounts of people it helped. It's still controversial for a lot of people. I'd like to see the clinical research go into it. Once that happens, maybe more people can benefit by it and some of the stigma and misunderstandings erased.
    I will say I have tried it. It does have the added benefit of pain reduction. Two of my other friends now use it for medium pain from back disc disintegration . They have now only mild pain. It does help my arthritis ,a lot.

Yes, there is stigma around it even for medical use. I am not sure why when opioids are handed out so freely.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    I don't know anyone that takes it for anxiety but my cousin has Lupus and she has started taking it for pain. She feels so much better since being on it. Pain is less, she is sleeping better and she is able to do more physically.

Why not just try it and see how it affects you? My Cuz went to her family doctor who wrote her a prescription and she saw a dispensing practitioner where she gets her instructions and the product filled. (apparently its almost impossible to order it online in the Ontario Cannabis Site.)
    I wouldnít do online, only cash as you never know what could happen crossing a boarder if there are records kept.

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    I live in California, where itís legal and everywhere and everyone seems to swear by it.

I use it occasionally (in honey, in a kind of breath spray) and find it mellows me out a bit.

But Iím honestly not sure if itís real or a placebo affect since itís so, so mild. Good news is there is zero psychoactive side to itózeroóso itís not like you have to fear being ďtoo highĒ or anything like that.
    It is legal here too. It does relieve my anxiety 1000% better than my medication ever did. Both my best friend and my husband say so. I actually feel like a person not like a squirrel in traffic all day everyday.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    It is legal here too. It does relieve my anxiety 1000% better than my medication ever did. Both my best friend and my husband say so. I actually feel like a person not like a squirrel in traffic all day everyday.
    That's so, so great to hear!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice