been okish but down today

hi all, things have been getting better little by little, im full NC, deleted everything, pics, number, fb etc etc over must be 3 months now...

Had a drink or 10 last night, which i dont normally do and so today got the blues which i guess is down to the drinking... feel low today...

my ex lives not far away, when we broke up before i use to see her car all the time in the local supermarket, etc etc... this time round ive not seen her or her car at all which in a way is a blessing...

BUT then it makes me make stories up in my head - she must be with someone else thats why i dont see her car bla bla bla...

and with me being NC, she hasnt reached out which tells me she doesnt care or hasnt thought to her self that she has made a mistake/or missing me.

Thats the bit that im struggling with... aaahhhhhhhhhhh its so tough!

anyway just wanted to get that off my chest

I’m with you man!

Been full NC for 4-5months now and haven’t really thought that part to be the hardest until now... Now I’m longing to talk to him and almost expecting him to contact me... I don’t know why...

I also live in a small town near my ex, and I jump every time I see a black Mercedes... Haven’t run into him yet... Dreading the day 🙄

So, Just... a little high five from me! Hang in there! I’m hanging with you!

It's probably a good idea to avoid alcohol for awhile if it has this effect on you. Alcohol is a depressant, so it's no surprise you're feeling worse for the wear today. Take care of yourself and get past the hangover. Tomorrow will seem better.

Also, you may want to try actively distracting yourself and soothing yourself when intrusive thoughts of you ex pop into your head. Pursuing the line of thinking and coming up with stories about what her life is like now is doing you no good and causing unnecessary distress. You could be right or wrong, but either way, the situation is the same. Her not calling you does not automatically equate to her not caring about you or missing you, but it does communicate that she is sticking to being done with the relationship. You would do well to remain NC.

Archived