LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: How to proceed ? New baby and relationship issue-

How to proceed ? New baby and relationship issue-

Hi there,

Me and my partner have a newborn and since our childís arrival, I am much worried over the relationship I have with my partner.

I have to admit right away and say that my partner did show signs from the very beginning and yet, I was naive enough to think things could change ..

All in all, my partner is wonderful with our little one. He truly cares for our child : plays everyday , changes diapers, feeds , tends to all needs (we share tasks 50/50) . He is on pat leave but works full time while I work part Time.
    As of late however, he tends to be unstable. Heís often negative and doesnít feel good or tends to be ill every 2 days . When heís ill he seems to exagerate things and itís always so sudden.
    Im afraid of raising a child in this instability..

Has he been emotionally or physical abusive with you?

No he isnít physically abusive and as for emotionally .. he doesnít yell nor diminish me or our little one.

Why did you post this so many times?

Have you considered maybe youíre a little manic post partum?

Iím asking because you arenít clarifying the actual issue. Thatís not fair to him and quite frankly to the people youíre asking advice from.

Either pinpoint and verbalize the issue or accept your hormones need a bit to settle and enjoy your new baby.

Didnít notice the first post worked, sorry.

And the issue at hand is that heís always sick or under the weather. Every single week -

Bronze Member
    Hi Focusfocus

I have to admit right away and say that my partner did show signs from the very beginning and yet, I was naive enough to think things could change ..
    Can you please clarify this? He showed signs from the very beginning of what exactly? Of your relationship? Of your child being born?

Heís often negative
    Please clarify this, too. He's often negative in what way? Does he complain? If so, what does he complain about?

Also, wow was his situation at work before being on parental leave? Whilst being on leave is he still doing things for work? Some people work even when on holiday (because they feel they have to or whatever reason). Does he enjoy his job?

It sounds like you are both stressed in your own ways dealing with new parenthood. Perhaps he's depressed, anxious, tired, etc. Does he usually have "man-flu" issues? If this is recently it will pass. Perhaps some help from family and friends with the baby would help.
    Originally Posted by Focusfocus
    As of late however, he tends to be unstable. Heís often negative and doesnít feel good or tends to be ill every 2 days . When heís ill he seems to exagerate things and itís always so sudden.

Thank you for your reply wiseman2,

I suppose that could be quite probable. Before our child was born, he acted the same way just never as intense : he would have migraines that would come and go, was often tired and always needed to rest it seems. I knew it was probably triggered due to stress since he does work in very stressful environment ..

Itís now the same case just doubled in intensity ..

Give Advice
Ask For Advice