LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He sleeps at his exs house to see child

He sleeps at his exs house to see child

Am I over reacting or is my partner spending nights at his exs house to see their child wrong?
    He was cheating on her and they broke up.
    He says he sleeps on the sofa and nothing is going on and heís there for he child only but I find it strange especially knowing he has tried to get back with her within the last year.

this is a tough call. his history says he very well could attempt to cheat again. but it didn' work getting back with her so i can't see it working now (did she refuse or did they try and fail?)
    other thoughts: why can't the kid come to your or his place instead of always being at the mom's place?

i'd be curious to know the answer to that last question...

His kid is asleep over night, thereís no reason for him to be there. Itís confusing to the child, itís blurring boundaries. There are millions of great guys out there who donít spend the night with their ex, date one of them.

Girl, you're the side chick.

Why can't his child sleep at his place?

I would not be okay with that. Totally unessacary unless there was a one time circumstance that rendered it and had a reasonable explanation.

I would never date anyone who cheated in the past, because it takes an epiphany to change ones poor ethics, which rarely happens.

So part of what I didnít share in post for help was I believe heís still in love with his ex wife. He started pulling away while living with me and staying at his ex wifeís longer to be with his kids. I totally support kids come first however, thereís a balance to doing so and staying the night isnít part of it

Platinum Member
    History of cheating and staying over at her house. No way!

Oh goodness, he is also in love with her. Why are you with this guy?

I' not saying his cheating (but he has a cheating past though), but what's the logic in sleeping there? Why can't he visit the child during the day? Or even if he visits during the night, why can't he leave after the child is asleep? Makes no sense nor does it seem in the child's best interests.

That fine line, between reality & a daydream
    They say once a cheater always a cheater. I believe people can change but in his case I doubt he has. He does not need to sleep over her house ESPECIALLY if he's still in love w her. He shouldn't even be dating if he's not over her, which he clearly isn't. He's using the kids as a excuse to spend time w her and of you complain he can pull the "its for the kids card" therfore making you look and feel like the bad guy (which you're not). I would leave him and find a guy worthy of your time. Dtmfa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice