What a dilemma!

jsmith19851

Ok so here’s my story

I’m married for 10 years.

I have 2 kids.

I am a supervisor for an employee and had a sexual dream about her one night. After that I began to have feelings. All was fine until she began to have feelings too.

We have gotten to know each other more and turns out she has super natural powers like she’s physcic and can feel emotions. She claims she had the same dream on the same night. I’ve proven out what she knows about me and it’s real. She also knows most of how I feel about her.

We created this bond because I feel like we were made to be together. She understand me, I understand her. We text all the time, talk on the phone all the time. Obviously spend all day at work together. We haven’t gotten physical yet but I feel like I want to and it’s probably only a matter of time. We’ve sexted, talked about the things we’d do though.

So we both have had the conversation about our relationship like we want to be together but can’t and know we never could. So now I’m heart broken, feel like I’ve ruined my marriage and job. I feel like I’m on an island with no one to talk to about it because this is so out of this world who would believe me?

You can’t make this one up.

Thoughts? Questions? Advice?

Tell your wife about your special feelings and let her decide what she wants to do.

I was going to say the same thing.

We have gotten to know each other more and turns out she has super natural powers like she’s physcic and can feel emotions. She claims she had the same dream on the same night

hmmmmm..... yeah. If you believe that, you'll believe anything.

Ok so here’s my story

I’m married for 10 years.

I have 2 kids.

I am a supervisor for an employee and had a sexual dream about her one night. After that I began to have feelings. All was fine until she began to have feelings too.

We have gotten to know each other more and turns out she has super natural powers like she’s physcic and can feel emotions. She claims she had the same dream on the same night. I’ve proven out what she knows about me and it’s real. She also knows most of how I feel about her.

We created this bond because I feel like we were made to be together. She understand me, I understand her. We text all the time, talk on the phone all the time. Obviously spend all day at work together. We haven’t gotten physical yet but I feel like I want to and it’s probably only a matter of time. We’ve sexted, talked about the things we’d do though.

So we both have had the conversation about our relationship like we want to be together but can’t and know we never could. So now I’m heart broken, feel like I’ve ruined my marriage and job. I feel like I’m on an island with no one to talk to about it because this is so out of this world who would believe me?

You can’t make this one up.

Thoughts? Questions? Advice?

This is how it starts and it's turned out this way because you actually have to do work when you're with your wife and with the new girl, she's new and it's fun. Eventually you're going to run out of things to talk about with this new girl, just like you did with your wife, and it won't be as fun anymore. You may leave this relationship, fight a custody battle or pay child support and you will have kids with the new girl too and you will be right back where you are now, hoping for a newer girl to make life exciting for you. So this road, although initially fun like drugs, has a high consequence, also like drugs. You might as well treat your new "relationship" with this girl as if she were drugs. You're going to want to be with her, really, really badly, and it will screw up your life really badly too.

Kids get separated, new girl doesn't want the responsibility of your current kids and sees them as burden to her relationship. Or if you decide to ditch them then later on in life they come back asking why they weren't good enough for your love. Or things fizz out with the new girl and you're left with a divorce that didn't need to happen. Or the loss of your family hits you when you finally move in with the new girl and then you blame it on her and then that relationship sucks too. There are many, many ways this ends up wrong. It would've been better for you to end your relationship before meeting anyone new and then started looking. Lastly, dating a direct report is not ok at most companies.

I recommend apologizing to the new girl, learning your lesson, and never doing this again. Put your effort in with your wife and the kids. If that doesn't work then divorce properly and look for someone new then.

yes you can make this up. how many times have we heard this story and its ended in disaster 99% of the time. (very rare that these things work out).

I call it the 85/15 rule. You have 85% fulfilment from your marriage, but 15% is missing (the "fun stuff"). Along comes a new person who can easily supply the 15% fun stuff and things seem perfect.. b/c you are now 100% fulfilled, except your wife is supplying 85% of it but you attribute it t othe "new, fun 15%" person.

don't be fooled by the 85/15 rule. If you lose your family and wife and home and the 85 goes away, you're going to quicklyk see how the 15% was only 15% and where will the other 85% come from? Most of the time pepole have this realization and the 85 never comes- they realize they weren't as compatible as they thought, they weren't as connected as they thought. They only felt that way b/c they had 85% of their needs taken by their existing relationship.

Beyond that.. this is a very dangerous and bordering on LEGAL ramifications if you get with somebody you supervise. Not only coudl you lose your job or be sited for sexual harrassment (someday.. maybe when things don't go well, the honymoon period wears off, and you get into a fight or ven BREAK UP!), but your mistress to be could lose her job and have to look elsewhere and then blame YOU because HR won' allow you 2 to be together.

Thing long and hard on this one.

If you really want to do it - then divorce your wife and set her free before you do anything. If ou find you can't or hesitate - that's the 85% talking to you telling you "no.. i can't let go of the 85% I already have secured!"

*shaking my head* how do you live with yourself? Seriously? And what kind of floozy/homewrecker is she that she messes around with a married man?

So, you get up everyday, see your wife and your children,(whom all trust and love you) and you start this fantasy with some woman from work?

Do you not have a conscience at all? Do you not realize how your decisions could potentially destroy other people?

File for divorce, go run around with this homewrecker. Let your wife find a decent man.

But I can promise you that it will only be a matter of time that your fantasy falls apart. She will cheat or you will start looking around again. Neither of you are loyal or have decent morals, so don't expect any kind of happy ending.

What's the dilemma? I mean, I get it. You find a lady hot and want to bang her. Go home and take five minutes to squeeze one out. Bam. You've just avoided losing your kids and risking a sexual harassment claim bending your subordinate over. Rinse and repeat, book marital counseling in the meantime.

she has super natural powers like she’s physcic and can feel emotions. She claims she had the same dream on the same night. I’ve proven out what she knows about me and it’s real.

I had the same dream too.

Do you believe me, just because I said it?

Comic book fantasies aside. Even if she were Supergirl..what it comes down to is you are cheating on not only your wife but your entire family. This is causing a chain of events that are going to hurt a lot of people for a very long time.

Stop it with this. Figure out what to do about your marriage first. I feel really sorry for your wife and kids.

Actually, scratch that. I'm back for more.

I'm sorry for mocking what you believe. You are allowed to believe anything you want.

You can believe in the flying spaghetti monster for all I care, but the MAIN POINT of this matter is that you are using this "connection" and this girl's "psychic powers" to justify your terrible, selfish act. Make no mistake, you are already cheating with the texting and even the talks of sexual dreams. That has no place in your conversations with another woman, especially when your WIFE knows nothing about it.

"But she has these special powers so it's obviously meant to be that she and I bump uglies or at least text pix of each others' uglies...meant to be because this...meant to be because that..." I'm not a spiritual person but I think it's safe to say that god or the magic forces of the world are not pushing you to cheat on your wife!

At least have the nerve to tell your wife so she can be aware that's she's married to a person like you.

LISTEN UP MAN. you're ruining your life. I'm not going to call you a pig or anything but this connection you have is sexual and that's it. You're looking at something new wondering what it would be like to run in that direction. Suppose you do it.. You guys get married and you have two more kids and get tired of this one. On to the next?

Or you can see what's really wrong with your marriage. Why you clearly feel unfulfilled and give your wife the dedication and vows you PROMISED her.

Give her a chance to fix what is broken before you selfishly destroy your family, your kids parents being together and your wife of 10 year's self esteem.

Maybe think twice before you destroy your wifes trust in all men. I don't know... People are understanding.

Do you realize how many men wish that they had what you have? A ten year marriage? A wife? Kids!? Some people dream to have what you have! Hell, I know I do. I pray for it almost everyday. You dedicated your life and heart to someone. That fun raunchy life you're glancing at isn't the way to live, it's lonely and cold and when you're long Island medium lady leaves you and you find yourself in a one bedroom like most divorced men in America, you'll wish you had what you had before you decided to mess it up. You do realize you can fall in love with someone all over again, if you try.

You're throwing away your family and you'll grow old with no one on your side because of a decision that is so cliche you could watch any rom Com and see how this plays out for you... Terribly.

I doubt the OP will be back. We are being "judgemental", we all think we are perfect and have never made any "mistakes"!!! And we don't know how awful his wife really is and don't understand how absolutely amazing the OP's connection with this psychic woman is.

Look, this story has played out millions of times. It's so much easier to have sexy time with a new woman than it is to nurture a 10 year old marriage with kids. So go ahead and continue, then complain about how unfair it is when your soon to be ex wife divorces you and takes you to the cleaners. See how much psychic woman wants to be with you when you are living on 1/3 of your current income in a crappy apartment with your kids only allowed to visit you for two days every other week.

Hope the sexy texting was worth it.

My decision is to get back on the right track with my life. I’ve been interviewing since the beginning of the year. I need to leave this job. I can’t see her everyday. I also kept it business professional today. No flirting, no comments, etc. But honestly it feels like a break up from high school. I’m sad, depressed, etc. I know it will get better but how did I get here.

So have you made a decision yet? What are you going to do?

I doubt the OP will be back. We are being "judgemental", we all think we are perfect and have never made any "mistakes"!!! And we don't know how awful his wife really is and don't understand how absolutely amazing the OP's connection with this psychic woman is.

Look, this story has played out millions of times. It's so much easier to have sexy time with a new woman than it is to nurture a 10 year old marriage with kids. So go ahead and continue, then complain about how unfair it is when your soon to be ex wife divorces you and takes you to the cleaners. See how much psychic woman wants to be with you when you are living on 1/3 of your current income in a crappy apartment with your kids only allowed to visit you for two days every other week.

Hope the sexy texting was worth it.

I’m here lol. I have to sign into this discreetly so I can’t message a lot. Everyone’s judge mental words are helping so tell it how it is.

My decision is to get back on the right track with my life. I’ve been interviewing since the beginning of the year. I need to leave this job. I can’t see her everyday. I also kept it business professional today. No flirting, no comments, etc. But honestly it feels like a break up from high school. I’m sad, depressed, etc. I know it will get better but how did I get here.

That's why I suggested you talk to a therapist. Not to be mean to you. But because there are probably other things going on with you, which are bubbling just under the surface, and this woman is just the trigger point for you.

Archived