LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever...?

Has anyone ever...?

So, like many couples, my partner and I have had the issue of trust come up in some capacity or another. One day, the thought crossed my mind, "What if I created a fake profile to talk to and 'test' my partner?" Obviously, there is a large moral issue with this, and though the thought came to pass, it never was a real consideration; however when looking online I found articles and posts suggesting that this has become an all to common thing with couples with this new digital age of dating and communication.

Has anyone here ever done something like that? I'm curious to know what your experience was...

I did it once but I had good reason.

The take away for me was if I ever find myself in that position (that I don't trust my partner for good reason) I will remove myself from the situation before I find myself playing detective games and confirming what I already knew to be true.

Has he done anything to deserve this?

all to common thing with couples with this new digital age of dating and communication.

you can find anything on the internet to support what you want to believe, but it doesn't make it right.

Platinum Member
    If I felt I needed to do that I'd end the relationship. I have checked on someone's online activity but not to discover cheating -to see if he was still active on line, etc.

Yes. Over the course of a month or so, he lied to me 3 times about "working late" when he was really visiting his ex and her kid. We were living together for two of those times. Needless to say, that was a huge issue and nearly ended things. It's not been easy since. I feel like there's been progress, but there's still a long way to go....

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by El0t
    Yes. Over the course of a month or so, he lied to me 3 times about "working late" when he was really visiting his ex and her kid. We were living together for two of those times. Needless to say, that was a huge issue and nearly ended things. It's not been easy since. I feel like there's been progress, but there's still a long way to go....
    So do you think he is being romantic with his ex? Is it not his child too?

If there is nothing to hide and nothing going on between he and the ex, why the lies?

I kinda did I wasnít dating her but was trying to at the time. I was 17 I think. I made a fake Snapchat because she said she was only interested in me but I had my doubts.

Needless to say I was a complete dummy for doing it lol. Plus I was left wondering what kinda person I was for doing that.

Why go to the trouble of making a fake profile, when you have enough evidence on him to sink a ship? Of course it's your call, along with deciding on how much time you want to invest in his shady behaviour.

Iíve never done anything like this, never read an email, a text message, and have a hard rule that should anything like this occur my relationship is over.

Like Batya said, if I even felt the need to go there Iíd be more inclined to start having real conversations with myself about whether I wanted to stay in the relationship.

I assume you have brought these lies up with him? What is his response? And what does your gut tell you about his relationship with his ex?

Originally Posted by El0t
    So you already know that you're with a partner who lies to you and is still involved with his ex. What would be the point of setting him up after he's already demo'd dishonesty and disloyalty?

You don't need to play games with a profile to see what's right in front of you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice