LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating a millionaire

Dating a millionaire

So I started dating someone new. I met him at his seminar he was hosting and from there he found me on social media and has been trying to take me out since. Heís a man of status and people know him as this successful millionaire so Iím sure heís used to getting the girl, but for me to know that I knew he wouldíve probably played me so I kept ignoring him. Well, he persisted for a long time and still kept trying to take me out and I finally came even after canceling on our first date and we hit it off the first night and been seeing each other almost everyday and weekend. We get along perfectly, we have the same business mentality, weíre always laughing and Iím always giving him advice. heís opened up to me about his childhood on how heís adopted and well the struggles of being adopted growing up. on valentines I remembered the small things about him and got him a very thoughtful gift. & he loved it. He told me nobody cares about him & he has never in his life received a thoughtful gift like this and told me he felt appreciated and appreciated me so much more. Because everyone is always using him it was hard to think people were still genuine. (As he says) and growing up he never received gifts because for him being adopted he was treated as a guest, not family. Then after he took me on a date and after we just sat outside the movie theatre bench and talked a lot more and he told me situations where he wanted to seek revenge on someone who betrayed him & I made him see things from another perspective to where he understood a place heís at shouldnít stoop low to his enemies. But to charge it to the game and move on gracefully. Some of these enemies were even men who wanted to take me out but with the same mentality I never gave it a chance but for this guy. He knew that and he felt even more proud to have me. One of the things he told me after was.. you know youíre perfect for me. Youíre a woman and you donít even have to say anything for anyone to see that. I make him see things clearly instead of one sided and see the good in things and thatís what he liked. If he was busy with something I always told him I understood and to take care what he needed. Basically made it to believe I was this perfect partner for him. HeĎs told me He knew I would be a great mom when we were having dinner. Anyway, Heís leaving to his hometown today and wanted to fly me out to meet his family and support him for a tournament training he had coming up next month. He kept telling me he really wanted me to be there and I agreed. Well.

Then this Sunday comes and I was out with my friends and got really drunk. the whole day I said I was going to see him after.. I kept saying I was on the way and 3am comes heís been waiting on me and I never came because well I ended up sobering up and taking care of my friends and didnít feel like meeting up anymore. He got pissed and told me he was never going to respond to me again for wasting his time... blocked me on all social media but my number. I let it cool off & I texted him today saying I was sorry and I missed him and if we could move pass this and let me make up for it and that I wanted to still support him for his tournament. No reply and kinda donít know what to do. But I know I messed up and want him back. Do I just leave it alone and assume heíll come around eventually.

Do I just leave it alone and assume heíll come around eventually.
    What else can you do but leave it alone? Just don't assume he'll come around eventually.

Platinum Member
    You prioritized getting drunk over keeping your promise to see him. And you barely know him so that of course leaves him wondering if he should continue especially since heís leaving town soon. If you gave a genuine apology and did not blame it on the alcohol - because you chose to get drunk and chose the consequences- then itís up to him to choose whether to give you another chance. My sense is he was moving too fast and you chose to sabotage it.

The thing is he didnít know I was drunk I just told him I wasnít coming anymore and thatís when he got mad.

What does him being a millionaire have to do with it?

Originally Posted by MebbieU
    The thing is he didnít know I was drunk I just told him I wasnít coming anymore and thatís when he got mad.
    That doesn't make it better.
    I seriously doubt the fact that you didn't know any better would help either.

You reached out and apologized. That's about all you can do.
    The ball is now in his court.

But by the way you describe him, I doubt he tolerates much nonsense.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by j.man
    What does him being a millionaire have to do with it?
    I thought that too and I thought she shared that to give context to his telling her that so many people try to take advantage of him but that she is different.

What kind of seminar did you meet him at?

Originally Posted by Batya33
    I thought that too and I thought she shared that to give context to his telling her that so many people try to take advantage of him but that she is different.

What kind of seminar did you meet him at?
    Yup. Pretty much!
    & it was a stocks seminar

Is this something to even get extremely mad about to cut me off forever? I guess Iím on here because I kinda want to double text him. And kinda want someone to tell me donít do it cause youíll look extra desperate. crazy how the tables turned.

Based on your post, you sound immature/flighty and he sounds jaded/too negative. Not a good combination. Imo, you would be better off not pursuing this further. If he thinks that "everyone is using him" , then he has a very negative outlook regarding life and people, and that is energy draining/toxic. You would end up listening to him complaining about everybody and at some point, you would probably join that black list. In fact, it sounds like you have. Complaining about everybody and everything from the get go sounds obnoxious and is in fact a red flag.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice