Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Any way to salvage this?

OP, you surely can't be this naive. This guy is stringing you along and you're falling for his crap (sorry), hook, line and sinker. He's keeping you on the back-burner so he has someone to go to when he's bored or gets tired of his current squeeze. Key word for you: self-respect.

I disagree that he never saw something serious with me. The whole conversation wouldnít have happened if I hadnít asked him who the last person he slept with was. At least he was honest that he is non-exclusively dating someone and sleeping with her still. Sometime during the conversation, I point blank asked him if this is his way of telling me he doesnít ever see a serious relationship bw us. He said yes he sees potential But right now he doesnít want to be serious with anyone- hence he is not even exclusive with a woman he has been spending time with since before we met. I also said I think if someone if really into someone else, it becomes the right time. He said ďI understand what youíre saying but I donít buy thatĒ. This made me think he was being sincere but maybe Iím just naive bc I am always honest about these things - even if I know itís not what the other person wants to hear.

Originally Posted by kathy82
    I disagree that he never saw something serious with me. The whole conversation wouldnít have happened if I hadnít asked him who the last person he slept with was. At least he was honest that he is non-exclusively dating someone and sleeping with her still. Sometime during the conversation, I point blank asked him if this is his way of telling me he doesnít ever see a serious relationship bw us. He said yes he sees potential But right now he doesnít want to be serious with anyone- hence he is not even exclusive with a woman he has been spending time with since before we met. I also said I think if someone if really into someone else, it becomes the right time. He said ďI understand what youíre saying but I donít buy thatĒ. This made me think he was being sincere but maybe Iím just naive bc I am always honest about these things - even if I know itís not what the other person wants to hear.
    Yes unfortunately our honor code is not everyone elseís honor code, just because you would be truthful doesnít mean he would and honestly he isnít being untruthful heís telling you he doesnít want a relationship but he will he didnít say I want a relationship with you after I sort my life out that was your interpretation but he never said that.

Look, if Angelina Jolie asked him to be exclusive trust me heíd be ready. Heís dating, heís putting himself out there, men are not children or wild animals that need to be tricked into monogamy. Heís most likely not going to commit, you asked we answered.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by kathy82
    If he was serious about finding "the one" - he would have stopped sleeping with her when he realized she wasn't the one and would have lined up a date with someone new. He sees "potential" because its a little awkward to flat out tell someone in front of your face you are not into them. If he can keep you on the backburner, then that probably suits him fine. He was clear that he is not looking for anything serious with ANYONE -- so when he goes on dates -- he is not looking for a future wife. He is looking for Ms. Right Now. You are in denial. Its totally fine if he just wants to date different women -- he is not the man you are looking for

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice