I’m a wuss

Xife

Im a younger guy (15) and I’ve been dating this girl for a while, she’s incredibly important to me, it’s going great. She’s clearly into me too. Our dates are light hearted, flirty, touchy etc however in our more recent date I had an opportunity which I lost, We were touchy, slapped each other’s butts and held hands but later on in the date we decided to go cinema. While we were waiting for the movie we watched memes and our faces were really close like a cm or two away from each other, she kept on licking her lips, looking at mine, we kept on getting closer and closer till… nothing happened, I couldn’t make the move and kiss her. I was always on the verge of kissing her but when I actually tried I just couldn’t something stopped me. During the movie she had her arms crossed and her body facing away from me. I got so nervous that I had great trouble to make a move and grab her hand.

I want a relationship out of this but how do I stop this from happening ever again? Also I’ve noticed that she became a lot more dominant since the last dates, is this some kind of test? Why would this be? How do I prevent this?

You got nervous. It happens. You're not a wuss. You built up the romantic tension but this sounds like it was your first attempt at this.

She's probably pretty confused too, which is why her arms were crossed. I'd try again the next chance you get.....but don't pounce on or force yourself on her. Just take the same approach again and see where it goes.

If she pulls away, I'd open up the subject with her. Tell her that you weren't sure and you didn't want to force yourself on her and make her think you were a jerk. If she doesn't forgive you for misinterpreting the situation, this will not be the last woman that you ever will kiss etc. Don't go beating yourself up over this. You're 15 and rarely does this go the way that its portrayed in the movies.

You have to go for the first kiss within the first few dates, or she'll probably lose interest.

It's one of the biggest moves in dating and takes a lot of guts, but you have to man up and do it!

There are only a few major moves in dating - getting her number, asking for a date, and that big, first kiss. The good news is, the rest is easier from there!

Don't pounce. Be confident.

Thats the most useless advice you can give...lol. I won’t change by you telling me to be confident, it’s like telling someone who’s scared of public speaking to go out and run a seminar. I’ve got big inner confidence but it’s just that when it comes to kissing my situational fear comes along and ruins everything haha

Ask your parents to take you to a therapist to sort out your shyness. maybe if they are paying $200/hr for you, you'll start to change.

I won’t change by you telling me to be confident, it’s like telling someone who’s scared of public speaking to go out and run a seminar.
Ask your parents to take you to a therapist to sort out your shyness. maybe if they are paying $200/hr for you, you'll start to change.

No need as I already solved the problem...

I realised that Life has no purpose, nothing matters and we’re all going to die anyways so I might aswell go for it and be happy. Peace my man

Archived